Contest Announcment 3rd Annual Fire on Ice BBQ Contest

I hope so.. I offered to help a guy but he hasn't comitted to going yet.

I am considering it as well...never smoked a pork loin though:eek:

Ray--commit to going yourself and I will help you! :biggrin:

This isnt until March 7th still cold enough. I will be going up to judge this one, stay where its warm and eat great BBQ.

My bad. I was thinking that it was this weekend. It probably said in the title of the thread when I pulled it forward. Probably should have read it. :eek:.

Ray--commit to going yourself and I will help you! :biggrin:

I'm going with Mike Whitley but you are more than welcome to come along. I sent you a PM.

Ray,

How did 2 Guys from Iowa do? :-D

WE WON, WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!....:wink:

Okay, not really...:mrgreen:..Not until March.
Here's what my Truck will look like in March.:eek:
b_small.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg

I have heard this is a nice contest. Maybe I will see if a certain cook from DesMoines is interested and go to this one. The only thing I have heard is the organizer is hard to get along with. Is this factual or fiction?

Yep, I heard the same thing about the organizer :] If i can get some cash together,
I will come up and make a weekend out of it.

randy

It is one of the best contest out there. If you want to have a good time and enjoy yourself this is the one to go to. Turk does a great job and no one wants for anything. This is a must for us. And "Smack Talk" BBQ is winning it this year. We felt sorry for everyone last year and let it slide. Not this year.

I did some work on his comp trailer this summer, and i wanted to come there to judge.
But due to me not finding a job yet.... Have never made it up there yet, So its gonna
be on my list for sure.If not this year. May just come up for the day and walk around.
Hope to meet you up there!

randy

It is one of the best contest out there. If you want to have a good time and enjoy yourself this is the one to go to. Turk does a great job and no one wants for anything. This is a must for us. And "Smack Talk" BBQ is winning it this year. We felt sorry for everyone last year and let it slide. Not this year.

Smack Talk BBQ is holding up to their name. Talk'n the Smack. Can't you let it slide again this year Randy? Most people feel sorry for me when they meet me, or was it they feel sorry for meeting me? Either way, bring it! 2 guys from Iowa will be doing the walk.

Back