Calling All Faithful in Shannon, IL This Weekend

U

Ulcer Acres

As a Reverend empowered by the Universal Church of Life, Modesto CA I am reaching out to all the BBQ Believers who will be cooking at Shannon this weekend. We would like to have the biggest 9:22 am good luck shot this Saturday morning. I am laying down the challenge! If you will be at Shannon, the 9:22am shot will be at the Clone/Ulcer Acres compound. I am seeking donations of GJ to supply sustenance for the believers gathered. If you do not have a freezer bring it by Friday so it will be ice cold. We will be located in the South East corner of the outfield flying the United States and Ulcer Acres Flag.
The Rev.

Count us in for a bottle of GJ - properly frozen. Always happy to donate to the best of traditions. Also prevents sin........

We're in. I don't have a freezer but I'll pick up some GJ and have it as cold as I can get it.

I don't know if ours will stay as cold as the freezer in the cooler on the way to Shannon, but we can give it a shot!:grin:

I'll be doing a shot but it will be in Ankeny. Maybe we can get a webcam going and do a shot via live link sometime?.

Good luck at Shannon.

for all you rookies out there.... Make a Clonesicle, with the regular ice frozen around the bottle. Then get yourself a couple of pounds of dry ice. Meier's has it... It will keep the Clonesicle nice and cold until you can get it to my freezer... I will make sure that I keep all the Clonesicle's frozen for the 9:22 am toast.

That's the kind of guy that I am... Always caring about my fellow man... :roll:

for all you rookies out there.... Make a Clonesicle, with the regular ice frozen around the bottle. Then get yourself a couple of pounds of dry ice. Meier's has it... It will keep the Clonesicle nice and cold until you can get it to my freezer... I will make sure that I keep all the Clonesicle's frozen for the 9:22 am toast.

What a guy! Wish I could be there to partake....

You need to dress like the Good Humor Man:wink:

I'd do that if I could Scottie, but we haven't got enough freezer space :shock:

You need to dress like the Good Humor Man:wink:

I had my smoker on lockdown mode this past weekend... Wasn't sure if I could trust all those NEBS folks... :roll: Yankeebbq took a picture of my warning that I have placed on my smoker when in lockdown mode... It is intimidating to say the least... lol

I had my smoker on lockdown mode this past weekend... Wasn't sure if I could trust all those NEBS folks... :roll: Yankeebbq took a picture of my warning that I have placed on my smoker when in lockdown mode... It is intimidating to say the least... lol

Hope to see it later this year!

Anyone needing a place to store the GJ before the 9:22 shot bring it on over to the Ulcer Acres/Clone Compound. We have plenty of room in the two freezers and will be glad to hold it for you. And I promise not to get into either.
The Rev.

We had the opportunity to attend our first 9:22am Gentleman Jack Shot officiated by the Right Reverend Twyford and attended by many members of his charismatic congregation last weekend in Shannon. It was a inspiring moment as The Rev shared The Word with us all! Nice job and thanks to all who attended.

The Rev shares the Good Word...
Shannon015.jpg

Raise your glass
Shannon016.jpg

David Roper inspects Scotties (now vintage) GJ bottle and Clonesicle made from authentic Lynchburg water.
Shannon017.jpg

We had a great time in Shannon and I believe the final count on the shot was 56. Despite the weather, the contest was great and I'll try to post more pictures soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um... I see nothing.

I watched as 9:22a passed. I was running behind with my chicken prep. Couldn't make it over to party cove. As it turned out, I should have forgotten the chicken and went to have a shot. May have improved my chicken.

Pics are fixed. Sorry, moved them to a different album and didn't update the links.

I think it might have been 59... As we added 3 more at the end...

It sure was a lot of glasses to fill I can say that... I do not believe that the Reverend or myself spilled a drop either...

Last edited:
Your hands looked pretty steady to me!

Did anyone get a picture of the whole crowd? This one from Racine last year is still my favorite...

PicturewiththeSausage.jpg