• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

NY/Long Island Contest Venue Ideas

ique

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
keep the date open... dont know which one, but keep it open.
action-smiley-015.gif

I do think there is room for a bunch of contests in the NY/Long Island area.... as long as the venue is strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon Chris.. i showed u the secret handshake.!!

anyway..

yeah, friendly venues are our problem.

Finding a private sector venue that will have us. We lucked out with 'small town' politics and the C.O.C. in sayville. As soon as you get involved with larger gov(such as state parks) or places where unions are involved, permits and greased palms become a problem and the barriers go up.

It was reported/rumored that at one contest aroud here a few years back a specal somebody with a key and a uniform wanted a $2000 "fee"(in cash)to let the ice truck INTO the venue.

The organizer decided instead to make trips with his pickup truck to the ice truck which was about a mile away, on the other side of the gates.

Yeah, so I'm sure you guys are working all the angles, but maybe private businesses would be a good option. Someone interested in promoting their business via the contest (thinking the Harpoon model). Does the Brooklyn Brewery have 50 20x20 spaces with water and electricty? :lol:

C'mon Chris.. i showed u the secret

yeah, friendly venues are our problem.

Finding a private sector venue that will have us. We lucked out with 'small town' politics and the C.O.C. in sayville. As soon as you get involved with larger gov(such as state parks) or places where unions are involved, permits and greased palms become a problem and the barriers go up.

Yeah, so I'm sure you guys are working all the angles, but maybe private businesses would be a good option. Someone interested in promoting their business via the contest (thinking the Harpoon model). Does the Brooklyn Brewery have 50 20x20 spaces with water and electricty? :lol:
The neighborhood that the brewery is in is not exactly "cooker friendly". I approached the owner of the Blue Point Brewery out here on the Island and they have no space.

What about a larger retail chain, maybe a faimly owned furniture store or the like that has a a huge lot? Maybe a sale in conjunction with the competition or even using their lot during off business hours. Scott

We look to the private sector first.

Problem is alot of the major places are union shops and thats proved to be a problem. But have no fear.. we have more stuff on the horizon.

We look to the private sector first.

Problem is alot of the major places are union shops and thats proved to be a problem. But have no fear.. we have more stuff on the horizon.

As long as it's called "Battle of Smoke in da Eye". I'd love a BBQ grand championship.:twisted:

The neighborhood that the brewery is in is not exactly "cooker friendly". I approached the owner of the Blue Point Brewery out here on the Island and they have no space.

what about "The Brick House Brewery"? it's popular, centrally located and there is alot of space in that parking lot it's attached to. plus it could be done in conjunction with a live at five event in the summer where there are live bands and the street is closed.

phil

what about "The Brick House Brewery"? it's popular, centrally located and there is alot of space in that parking lot it's attached to. plus it could be done in conjunction with a live at five event in the summer where there are live bands and the street is closed.

phil
What are you waiting for? I say we all get together and test the beer first to make sure its an appropriate place

phil

Great idea! I've gone to one of the Friday night events during the summer. It sounds like this one could be possible.

the problem with the brickhouse brewery is the parking lot belongs to the village, if it were private , different story

Already approached them last year. Not friendly and not as big as you would think. They would have to keep space for customers during the event.

Have a contact there, though...
not friendly not not good not bother

Plattduetsche Park in Franklin Square? The Biergarten would work and should be available before they open it every weekend for their own business on June 2nd. Plus it's easy to get to from on the Island and from the north and west. The south (off Island)...not so much.

http://www.parkrestaurant.com/

Plattduetsche Park in Franklin Square? The Biergarten would work and should be available before they open it every weekend for their own business on June 2nd. Plus it's easy to get to from on the Island and from the north and west. The south (off Island)...not so much.

http://www.parkrestaurant.com/

That place holds great outdoor beer events, right near Bellmont raceway. Not sure how much actual space there is, though, if teams were going to set up and compete. Worth checking out.

Back