Need really good source for Hickory Salt and Lemon Pepper .

Q

Q_Egg

......... I want mostly pure stuff, not a bunch of additional spices. I found a site called Caroline's Rub which seems to offer exactly what I want ... BUT .... is fairly pricey ($40.+) for 8oz of each product. What are preferred sources for these items by the Brethren? For me they are especially important for salmon (which we cook frequently) and as part of a 4-salt mixture (garlic,onion,celery,hickory) which we now use regularly prior to our favorite rubs (Spicewine). Any recomnedations?

Regards,

It all depends on location. I think it was Arlin that was missing it in Oklahoma? The company is headquartered in San Antonio. Great family owned and run business, and the turn out a great product.

Thank-you all! Now I have some leads to chase down ..

..... unfortunately, my wife saw the 'do it yourself' part and I will probably be doing some home salt smoking very soon. I appreciate the helpful thoughts!

Regards.

Tommy, see if you can find a Watkins dealer in your area. They'll sell in bulk and their prices are 50%-75% cheaper than what I've paid at the grocery store for products that weren't nealy as fresh or good.

Fiesta is good for Lemon Pepper as they are the only one that does NOT have salt as the main ingredient and now have a salt free version. McCormick makes a decent hickory salt that I use all the time, not too pricey. I pick it up locally.

More useful additions to my growing list of sources ....

...... all are saved as Favorites or as Outlook Notes. I'm trying to find a local Watkins dealer too. The most useful part of this process has been to realize that I need to try making my own versions ... BUT ... I won't be able to judge how well I do until I try some of these sources and identify the ones I can use to measure my own trials against. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Many thanks to all!

Regards,

Q_Egg said:
...... all are saved as Favorites or as Outlook Notes. I'm trying to find a local Watkins dealer too. The most useful part of this process has been to realize that I need to try making my own versions ... BUT ... I won't be able to judge how well I do until I try some of these sources and identify the ones I can use to measure my own trials against. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Many thanks to all!

Regards,

Well put Q_Egg. That is realy what we all are doing here.

Back