30 Gallon Barrel - Houston Area

Marvin

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I've been looking and can't seem to locate one.

Does anyone know from my neck of the woods where I could pick one up?

I've got this link (do not recall from where, it could have been here) to order a new one and having it delivered, but I hate to have to pay this much.

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00061369/k-G1877111

Any help one can lend, I would be greatly appreciative. :yo:

Thanks

Burbank barrel in galena park is where I get my drums from. The owner is a hell of a nice guy, and will send one of his workers with you in the back to get the ones you want. I go and usually pick up 10 at a time when I make my WDSs for friends or complete turn key guru drums. The make them new unlined open or closed lid.

Burbank barrel in galena park is where I get my drums from. The owner is a hell of a nice guy, and will send one of his workers with you in the back to get the ones you want. I go and usually pick up 10 at a time when I make my WDSs for friends or complete turn key guru drums. The make them new unlined open or closed lid.

I've tried calling them once and got no answer, I'll try again.

If I may, what do you pay for a 30 or 55?

Thanks

Not in your area. Not in my area either but i bought a 30 gallon barrel from a place in Seguin, near San Antonio. $10.00.
I made a charcoal retort out of it and I'm producing my own oak lump charcoal.

Not in your area. Not in my area either but i bought a 30 gallon barrel from a place in Seguin, near San Antonio. $10.00.
I made a charcoal retort out of it and I'm producing my own oak lump charcoal.

Very cool. I just collected a 30 & 50 gallon drum to build a retort.

I got my drums from the town. The 30 had grease in it and was lined with a plastic bag. No mess in the barrel.

I've tried calling them once and got no answer, I'll try again.

If I may, what do you pay for a 30 or 55?

Thanks

Just go up there. They usually don't answer the phone and its easy to pass up if you dont have gps. They are strictly business there. Just ask for some unlined drums upon a reccomendation from a friend.
I pay $46 new for a 55 gal and I think the 30's are around $25

Might giving these people a try. They are in Tomball.
http://hilltoptool.com/storagetank.html

Wow, that's just down the road from me (I live in the 1960/249 area).

I called and spoke with them, they have plenty of 55 gal but no 30 gal. The gentleman stated that he gets calls all the time for 30's. Additionally, he stated, he never really runs across any. :cry:

So I'll continue looking however, going forward, if I need another barrel (metal or plastic), I know they are just down the street.

Back