iGrill

I need more info on it from those in the know. Please explain and why I need it. Thanks

I need more info on it from those in the know. Please explain and why I need it. Thanks

I have one, it is fairly cool. Basically anywhere within bluetooth range it will show you the temperature on two probes, one can be for meat the other for pit, or both in meats, or both in pits I suppose.

You can set high and low alarms, and you can manually email graphs or an excel file of the temperatures during a cook . I'm thinking they came out with an android ap too as well as IPhone. I use it with the IPad mostly.

I have the maverick 73 and the igrill is easilly better. Since it tethers to your phone or mobile device via bluetooth, you do not need to keep track of and worry about batteries for another device. Having the temps and alarms on your phone is convenient. Additionally it has a graphing function and you can export a pdf of the graph and save your cooks.

You can keep it, all I've heard about is problems with outside interference from wireless routers and devces. I believe it states all wireless equipment with a certain range should be turned off. That doesn't sound do-able for me.

You can keep it, all I've heard about is problems with outside interference from wireless routers and devces. I believe it states all wireless equipment with a certain range should be turned off. That doesn't sound do-able for me.

When I am not smoking, I am an IT geek. There are at least 6 Access Points (Wifi routers) in or near my house. I have teenagers over on the weekends, so my wireless gear count is staggering. I get no problems.

proper link
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/iDevices-7661-IGLW-Grilling-Cooking-Thermometer/dp/B004WG55ZI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365693130&sr=8-1&keywords=IGRILL3855"]Amazon.com: iDevices iGrill 7661-IGLW Grilling/Cooking BBQ Thermometer, White: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

When I am not smoking, I am an IT geek. There are at least 6 Access Points (Wifi routers) in or near my house. I have teenagers over on the weekends, so my wireless gear count is staggering. I get no problems.

Ya I cannot see why wifi would interfere with Bluetooth ?? $58 is small change really, heck I think I paid like $29 for a wireless one probe thermo from Maomart that I eventually threw in the trash due to really poor range.

Bill

The Igrill also works with some Android devices as well as Iphones and Ipads. I got mine for 50 something bucks back when ATT had them on sale.

I tried a high heat pulled pork run on my 22"WSM without an ATC and let the temps run a little - attached is the chart from the igrill.

Attachments

• 03-17-13 Pulled Pork WSM with Welding Blanket no ATC.pdf
    19.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I've had one for about 9 months, as long as I've had my offset and it works well. I always use one probe for pit temp and one for a meat probe with an iPhone or an iPad. I also have a maverick wireless and an old school dial thermometer mounted on the pit. To me the best features of the iGrill are the alarm options and the ability to output data to become part of my logbook. I'd get another if/when this fails (or something comparable as technology changes). Now all that said, I'm getting much more comfortable that I can read my fire, watch, feel & poke whatever meat is in the cooker and as long as I'm in my target temp range +/-25*-30* and I hit a safe IT I'm not as anal about temp data as I used to be.

I have an iPhone 4S that is not active can I use that and see what's going on remotely from my new phone as long as one is close to the cooker. Aka run to the store

I have an iPhone 4S that is not active can I use that and see what's going on remotely from my new phone as long as one is close to the cooker. Aka run to the store

When you say not active, do you mean no sim card?

If so, IDK. How are you going to download the app? wifi?

When you say not active, do you mean no sim card?

If so, IDK. How are you going to download the app? wifi?

It does everything but call. I keep it at home and use it on wifi only. Just want to know if I can use my new phone to see what's going on if I am not within Bluetooth range.

It does everything but call. I keep it at home and use it on wifi only. Just want to know if I can use my new phone to see what's going on if I am not within Bluetooth range.

No; you must be within bluetooth range if you're using an iGrill

Back