New WSM 22.5....this thing is big.......

Jim you have quite the arsenal there.

I see a ceramic cooker in my future.

I love your avatar.

What I wouldn't give to have that old girl.

Dave

I would love to just see one of the old originals

Ceramics brought a new dimension to my outdoor cooking. I was very patient and picked the large up for $300 and the medium up for $110, both on Craigslist. Just keep your eyes open.

Congratulations Dave, that's a great looking smoker! :cool::thumb:

Thanks Jeanie.

I'm dying to use it.

Going to try my first brisket tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Dave

Welcome to the club. It's a great smoker! In addition to the brisket, get some fatties to put on with it so you can fill up at least one grate. Or get a couple butts and do them at the same time. For the inaugural cook on my 22.5 I did 3 eight pound chickens and a twenty pound turkey.

DSC_6002-PP.JPG

DSC_6004-PP.JPG

Welcome to the club. It's a great smoker! In addition to the brisket, get some fatties to put on with it so you can fill up at least one grate. Or get a couple butts and do them at the same time. For the inaugural cook on my 22.5 I did 3 eight pound chickens and a twenty pound turkey.

DSC_6002-PP.JPG

DSC_6004-PP.JPG

Thanks Hank!

Tomorrow is the day, I promise.

Dave

There are 1/8 inch gaps on both sides of the door. I'd be stunned if they didn't leak.

Dave

Why not just gently persuade the door so it fits nice and snug. A little pressure here, a little there, and it should fit a lot better. After a few large cooks, it'll seal up tight.

Another option for a replacement ring. buy a $10-$20 piece of expanded metal, and make your own high flow ring.

Why not just gently persuade the door so it fits nice and snug. A little pressure here, a little there, and it should fit a lot better. After a few large cooks, it'll seal up tight.

Another option for a replacement ring. buy a $10-$20 piece of expanded metal, and make your own high flow ring.

Tomorrow I will be running the test. It's very possible that you are correct and it's a non-issue. I hope so, that would be great. I feel very confident with lump and temp control. This is a new cooker to me though and I hope to have her dialed in as soon as possible. I appreciate the feedback. Why does Weber advise against lump charcoal in the manual? I love lump.

Dave

congrats on your new toy,you will love it, your friends wont believe the great food you will put out, if I were you, keep it a secret,

Back