• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Leg of lamb!! Now at SAMs club!!

As always, I'm late to the party but I've used this recipe several times.

Kentucky Style BBQ Lamb

INGREDIENTS

Blend SM Peppered Cow, SM Season All, SM Cherry

Owensboro Mutton Mop
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
1 cup beer
1/4 cup Worcestshire Sauce
2 tablespoons Cow Lick rub
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne
INSTRUCTIONS
Owensboro Mutton Mop
1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat. Use mop, once an hour on the shoulder roast. Heat extra mop to a boil and then use as a 'dip' with finished meat.
Cooking the Lamb
1. After about 10 hours of smoking at 225°F over a cherrywood infused charcoal fire (the Moonlite uses hickory), this 5 lb shoulder roast is pretty much fully rendered, reading about 195°F internal on a digital thermometer. After resting for 20 minutes, the meat pulls and chops into tender, juicy pieces.

I have never tasted lamb. Can someone describe how it tastes?
Besides BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD or Goat.

As always, I'm late to the party but I've used this recipe several times.

Kentucky Style BBQ Lamb

INGREDIENTS

Blend SM Peppered Cow, SM Season All, SM Cherry

Owensboro Mutton Mop
1cup white vinegar
1cup water
1cup beer
1/4cup Worcestshire Sauce
2tablespoons Cow Lick rub
1tablespoon brown sugar
1/2tablespoon salt
1/2tablespoon garlic powder
1teaspoon cayenne
INSTRUCTIONS
Owensboro Mutton Mop
1.Mix all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat. Use mop, once an hour on the shoulder roast. Heat extra mop to a boil and then use as a 'dip' with finished meat.
Cooking the Lamb
1.After about 10 hours of smoking at 225°F over a cherrywood infused charcoal fire (the Moonlite uses hickory), this 5 lb shoulder roast is pretty much fully rendered, reading about 195°F internal on a digital thermometer. After resting for 20 minutes, the meat pulls and chops into tender, juicy pieces.

10 hours? I'm thinking you might be a bit past medium rare. What, is that like pulled pork? But lamb instead?

I have never tasted lamb. Can someone describe how it tastes?
Besides BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD or Goat.
Get yourself some of those cute little lamb chops an inch or more thick. reverse sear them and be sure to keep them rare. Season with a little S&P, minced garlic and fresh rosemary (before you grill them) and enjoy. You will be in heaven! :hungry:

Then you will understand why you want to get a whole leg and do that.

I've had so much great advice here from this thread that if I fark it up its because I'm just a farking idiot.

Now I'm starving!!
Can't wait to get this leg ready for Sunday!!!

AND, an AUSSIE stamp of approval!!!

I am gonna have to go get one of these. I suppose they have em for Easter.

I thinking so.
They just started stalking them.
And that usually means a truck load or two.

Depending on how mine comes out this weekend will help me decide if I need to drop one or two in my freezer for this summer.

Ok,
I prepped my leg of lamb to cook for tomorrow.
I'm excited!! I saw bigmister today and he gave me a couple good bits of advise so that was cool. I'm hoping tapatalk will start working so I don't have to post my photos through photo bucket. But if I have to I will to show my cook. Besides, I have not enters a throwdown in a long time and I think this one will fit into the Aussie throwdown!!

Back