Any Norcal Brethren going to the BBQ 101 class this weekend

Well since I can hear crickets, I will take that as a no. I will let you know how it goes.

Chad, John Yee and I went to it several years ago. It was fun and of course the food was good. On Feb 2nd, I am going to Harry Soo's class in Palo Alto. Xmas present from the wife..... I am so excited!!!

Oops, edit! :oops: We went to the one given by the CBBQA. Guess i should have read more closely. Have fun

Hey all,

I was just wondering if any other Brethren were going to attend the California BBQ Institutes class in Folsom Ca this weekend?

http://californiabbqinstitute.com/bbq-101/

I'll be there to teach a couple of sessions. Equipment and rub development. I'm bringing my trailer off-set, my UDS and DigiQ ll plus my rub development matrix and seasonings so you can mix your own. This is a great class and the proceeds go to charity. Not only do you learn a great deal about BBQ from some of the best cooks in CA but you get to help the CBBQA charities. There are not a lot of Q classes in N.Cal so if you figure in your travel expenses to go to some of the out of town classes this is a great deal.

Groupon has a 1/2 off coupon and Tracy Allen has some discounts. She can be found on FaceBook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Acres Nursery posted on my FB page that they are offering 50% off ($125) of this class if you call Cathy in their Outdoor Living Department at 916-358-9099. All proceeds go to charity.

I haven't tried calling or anything, so no guarantees from me.

Hopefully someone can use this deal.

Chad, John Yee and I went to it several years ago. It was fun and of course the food was good. On Feb 2nd, I am going to Harry Soo's class in Palo Alto. Xmas present from the wife..... I am so excited!!!

Oops, edit! :oops: We went to the one given by the CBBQA. Guess i should have read more closely. Have fun

Sweet! That is a great Christmas gift. She is a keeper:thumb:

A bit on the expensive side for me.
Kinda cool it's in my back yard though.

I got mine through groupon halp price and the offer is still good:whoo:

Let me know how it goes.
Will do for sure!

I'll be there to teach a couple of sessions. Equipment and rub development. I'm bringing my trailer off-set, my UDS and DigiQ ll plus my rub development matrix and seasonings so you can mix your own. This is a great class and the proceeds go to charity. Not only do you learn a great deal about BBQ from some of the best cooks in CA but you get to help the CBBQA charities. There are not a lot of Q classes in N.Cal so if you figure in your travel expenses to go to some of the out of town classes this is a great deal.

Groupon has a 1/2 off coupon and Tracy Allen has some discounts. She can be found on FaceBook.

Fantastic PorkQPine, we will see you on Saturday.

It's going to be a good time. Competition cooks, KCBS Cert. Judges, BBQ caterers will all be there so you can ask questions, watch and learn as things are being prepared and increase you knowledge of all things Q. Rain or shine, I'm bringing a pop-up and there will be others bringing rain shelters if it drizzles or rains. Real men cook Q in the rain, LOL. Probably won't be near as bad as it was when Harry yelled "I'm gonna die" a few years ago on a BBQ Pitmasters episode. If it isn't too cold I'll wear my kilt.

Please a little rain never hurt anyone right? I am looking forward to it. I will bring an extra pop up just in case.:thumb:

Back