Backwoods G2 Party versus Gator

FattyMac

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So the wife gave me a great five year anniversary gift. Permission to get a new toy!
I must be doing some thing right :noidea:

I've run pellets and want to try something different and my search has let me to Backwoods. I've narrowed it down to a G2 Party or a Gator.

Unless I'm missing something they both seem to have similiar standard features. The main diffrences seem to be larger capacity in the Gator and the G2 has the new charcoal and ash pan design and different skin.

Whichever I go with it will be used to supplement my FEC in comp and at home.

For those that have either what options are good to have? I'm thinking 180 degree doors, tie down handles and a cover. Anything else I should be considering?

I think the G2 party would be better. The grates on the gator are only 1.5" wider I believe and both are deep enough for full pans. more flexability with the extra height and grates with the G2. plus the skin should hold up better and the charcoal basket is much improved.

G2 party is going to be more expensive (400?) I have a G2 chubby on the way but Im thinking of upgrading to a gater. I havent seen the G2 Chubby in person yet but on paper I would think it goes
G2 Party>Gater>G2 Chubby

I could help you out but I am still waiting on my G2 to arrive. I haven't actually looked at one in person but I would agree with the above statement.

I do not think you can go wrong with either. Just get shipping quotes for both and see what the final cost would be on them and make your decision.

Pitmaker BBQ safe! Fit and finish is twice as good as the other two and will last longer for sure. Everything is seamless welded, doors are flush fit amd the spam latches are ridiculously heavy duty. Have seen one of those riveted thin metal backwoods next to a vault and safe. No comparison IMO.

waiting for someone to come and suggest you build a UDS

Back