Damons Grill

417bullelk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone tried Damons Grill? A neighbor says they make great ribs. Never tried 'em. Before I venture out, I figured I would check with the experts for the real low down.

Been to a few, but now since I learned what real barbecue was.

Just expect Chili's type ribs and you won't be disappointed.

same here. We had one in Richmond but they're gone now. Maybe because of the inferior ribs.

The only really cool part about the place was all of the TV's and the audio controller that you had at your table. You could select which TV you wanted to hear at your table.

They do make a very good fried onion loaf...

Cholesterol Mod...

Brauma said:
same here. We had one in Richmond but they're gone now. Maybe because of the inferior ribs.

The only really cool part about the place was all of the TV's and the audio controller that you had at your table. You could select which TV you wanted to hear at your table.

I forgot about that, and now just put the pieces together.

Someone, like you or me, went into a Damons and ate.

"Boy, these ribs suck, but the TV and controller atmosphere is great"

Went home, sat down, and "BING!"

What if we were to combine the Sports TV with controller atmosphere, and serve up barbecue that was better than the "regular" franchises, but cost effective for mass production. Sure, we'll sacrafice a little true Q quality, but we need a concept that can work across the board.

Smokey Bones BBQ was born

Smokey Bones BBQ was born[/quote] :D

You got that right. Those Darden guys have always been smart enough to be fast adaptors of a good idea. That is how Red Lobster was born. They copied a one-up sucessful seafood place in Lakeland Florida. [course they Bought that one before they copied the concept. At least they do mostly real que in Smokey Bones. Have any of you guys competed against their team? I got invited to participate in their team once, but could not due to my health at the time. Neat rig they have.

qman

Back