• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

electric smoker

markbet

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts or experience on an electric smoker? I ask because a BBQ joint went belly up and they are going to auction off two cookshack 150 electric smokers, and a guy that I work with, that is also involved in BBQ seems to think they will be sold at a very reasonable price. They sell new for $3100.00. As far as I can tell, they are fully insulated stainless steel, and some how they do not have a vent on them.

Cookshack 150 does have an exhaust but they will use a 1" flex pipe in a lot of indoor setups.
They are a good commercial option.
Jim

jminion said:
Cookshack 150 does have an exhaust but they will use a 1" flex pipe in a lot of indoor setups.
They are a good commercial option.
Jim

Don't think it would be a good idea for just a backyard smoker like me? I would have to put in outdoors, but it would be under a covered patio.

Before I got my Bandera, with Big Al's basket, I had a Weber (er....gas) grill and an elecrtric can smoker. Between the two I made some mighty tasty meats. I wouldn't use it in leiu of a "real" smoker. It's just another tool in your cooking arsenal.

I'm much more edicated now. The Weber gets much less use and my other smokers get a lot more use.

I say go for it....if you have the bucks to blow....you can never have enough smokers. Each has its place.

BayouBound

Electric smokers can do a fine job but for me that would really be overkill. Besides, to me half the fun is tending the fire with a cool drink and a good book. Good brisket requires a fairly large book, like Tolstoy's War and Peace or Gibbon's Decline and fall of the Roman Empire.

Bellybro said:
tending the fire with a cool drink and a good book

How do you hold two beers and read a book at the same time???? :p :lol: :shock:

You don't.....you drink Guinness out of a one pint Guinness glass that you bought last time you were in a pub in Ireland.

Im with bayou..... if the price is REALLY good and ya got the cash go fer it...... its another toy for the playground... one can never have enough.

I have a cookshack smokette II. I hardly every use it though. They do make some good "Q" but it will be different than wood or coal fired "Q", little or no bark, chicken will have rubbery skin, etc.

They have a good web forum that you should check out at thier web site. The people there will tell you all the pros and cons of the cookshack.

Back