Kansas Hot Links.

Thank you for the recipe.

Glad there wasn't any sawdust in there, Cabntmaker. :wink:

Just found this and fwiw Stroot Lockers custom makes our hot links.

Derek

Pig In! Pig Out!

What temp and time for the smoke and until what internal temp? Now I need a meat grinder and a slicer. The toys never end.........NEVER

What temp and time for the smoke and until what internal temp? Now I need a meat grinder and a slicer. The toys never end.........NEVER
I smoke/cook to an internal temp of 150-155, with a cooker temp of around 190-200. I keep the cooker on the low side so the meat doesn't dry out. Nothing worse than cardboard-tasting sausages.:doh:

Just found this and fwiw Stroot Lockers custom makes our hot links.

Derek

Pig In! Pig Out!
Stroots does make some good hotlinks... but mine are better. :becky:
Do you buy form the Mulvane store or Goddard?

Thank you for the recipe.

Glad there wasn't any sawdust in there, Cabntmaker. :wink:
Shhhhh...that's a secret ingredient I use for that fresh, woodsy, flavor in my Buckboard Bacon.:heh:

Good lookin' eats right there! And thanx for the recipe, too.

If you can find an old cast iron lard press it will beat the hell out of most of the newer stuffers. We've used one to stuff up to 200 pounds of deer sausage in one weekend (including beer breaks!).

Stroots does make some good hotlinks... but mine are better. :becky:
Do you buy form the Mulvane store or Goddard?

I like Stroots links too but they are a little dry for a restaurant setting. We made a few adjustments and now I have my own line through them. They make all of the links in Goddard but Mulvane delivers to me. Currently we go through around 3oo#'s on an average week.

My bad. I thought that you were a chain but you are sound like an owner/operator operation, just what I like. I must come check you out soon. Plowboy Todd told me about you and I have been meaning to stop in but just haven't for what ever reason. OK, the real reason is that I thought that you were a chain and I hate chains.

Back