Who had the corn steamer?

W

Willard

Hello everyone:

I thought I saw someone on here with a corn steamer? Anybody care to elaborate? I beleive it was a homemade unit.

Thank you.

That would be FatBoyz and now me!

IMG_2533b.jpg

While loading and adding more!!!

IMAGE_043.jpg

End result.....

IMG_2466.jpg

Great and thanks, any trouble with the cans being galvanized? You hear how dangerous it is, yet, they do the same for clam bakes. I don't ever see the temperatures getting high enough to effect the can. Just was wondering.

Galvanized will leach at 600 degrees keep water in it it will not go above 211 degrees because even boiling water will keep temps in check.

You also can put cabbage , polish sasuage, carrots , sweet potatoes / white potatoes in the can We call it a garabage can cook, when it get done pour it out on a table cover with a clean cloth,

Okay...just because I'm a knucklehead...

That's two cans stacked, bottom with water for steam and top with holes in bottom and loaded with corn for steaming?

How much can you cook in one of those? And how long do you need to steam the corn? This would be perfect for our annual family bash!

did a lobster boil last month, all we used was galvanized cans, chicken wire 6 inches off the bottom, and a 4 inch tube of ckn wire down the middle, cooked muscles and veggie in 2, clams and beer in 2, lobster and corn also

Now may I ask what you want to build this for?

We do alot of large family gatherings and an occasional cook at the Moose Lodge, thought this would be a good way to fix alot of corn. I don't suppose a set up like this would go over very well with the health inspector, but he never comes to the lodge.

AdamBomb and Wyatt ate 27 of the 40 ears. I have one as well. These are soooo cool.

45min to 1:15 for max 60 ears in 20 gallon can

thanks my brother in law has about 25 acres of corn we're gonna pick next week. we usualy have a corn roast at the end of the day for everyone helpin out, along with baked potatoes and prime rib on the spit. we normaly do 2 doz at a time in a turkey fryer(with water not oil). one of these would realy help.

Just a little tip too for butterin your corn. get a stock pot filled with water enough to dip you corn in and throw a couple sticks of butter on top. when you heat it up the butter floats on the water and when you dunk your corn in on the way out it gets coated with butter all aroun no mess. Some people may already know this but I thought i would share anyhow.

thanks my brother in law has about 25 acres of corn we're gonna pick next week. we usualy have a corn roast at the end of the day for everyone helpin out, along with baked potatoes and prime rib on the spit. we normaly do 2 doz at a time in a turkey fryer(with water not oil). one of these would realy help.

Just a little tip too for butterin your corn. get a stock pot filled with water enough to dip you corn in and throw a couple sticks of butter on top. when you heat it up the butter floats on the water and when you dunk your corn in on the way out it gets coated with butter all aroun no mess. Some people may already know this but I thought i would share anyhow.

Sweet tip!

This could work good even on the stove for a few ears...corn that is!

Back