Scored a Meadow Creek BBQ26 chicken cooker

Rag

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Picked it up at the Meadow Creek auction last Friday.
A dealer from Canada brought it down from his trade-in stock.
I don't think it was ever cleaned once. Guy probably traded it in when folks started getting sick.
Got the grates are shining now after some 6 hours of scraping, grinding and scrubbing.
Going to give it a coat of spray paint tomorrow.
Also ordered a new grate that is the new design (rods, not expanded sheet metal) from Meadow creek to ease cleaning in the future.
I had one of these cookers a few years ago and know how to turn out killer wings.
Hopefully by this weekend I'll be pounding down some.

Nice! I have a Meadow Creek BBQ42 and it is awesome. Makes me look like a professional. :) I've thought about a BBQ26 just because it would be more suited for our home / small gatherings. The 42 cooks 40 Lbs. of chicken (about 50 - 52 large leg quarters). I would think the 26 would do 25 - 30 quarters. Have fun and congrats.

The grates are done, and with the paint finished later today, so pics will be posted.
My buddy picked up a trailer at the auction that has 4 of the 144 chicken rack/pits on it.
That sucker can take a truck load of chicken at a time (probably a pallet of charcoal too).

What type of value was there vs retail at the auction, decent discount??

Almost half.
That was not the case with pig roasters and 250 size. They went for close to new.

Just finished the painting. Here's a couple pics.
Should have had some before shots. It looked like it was waiting for the scrap man.

Attachments

• P1000688.jpg
    P1000688.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 202
  • P1000689.jpg
    P1000689.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 200
  • P1000690.jpg
    P1000690.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 200
Good question. They were totally black with thick baked crud.
First they were scrapped after soaking with dish soap. More brushing. Tried a torch with little help. Then a power drill with wire wheel. Followed by files and knife. Finished with orbital sander.
Now I hate to get them dirty.

Good score. I was at the auction too. I was hoping with the rain, the prices would be lower. not so much. I almost bid on those, but they were a bit small for what I need. The PR-60's went about half to 65% of retail, the chicken cooker trailers went high, at least in my opinion. I was interested in getting a BBQ96 or a BBQ 144 for our local American Legion Post. The "like new" ones that were 1 season rentals went lower than I expected, whereas the ones that were used hard went higher than I expected. The new ones are priced at $2,925.00 for a BBQ96 and $4,175.00 for a BBQ 144 and there was a 10% discount at the store for new items.
They had a few BBQ 42's that were really greased up and rusty on the outside, they went about half price (new is $925).
I checked the online price list before I bid, when it got over what I felt was reasonable (time and materials to clean or rebuild) I dropped out.
Two years ago I bought a PR 60 hog cooker for under $600. I rebuilt and cleaned it up and put a charcoal pull out in it. I think I have another $300 in it. I have done 5 parties and more than paid for it.

Back