35# of pulled pork for the Bonfire

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had a small bonfire bbq, I was asked to cook for over the past weekend. I was able to get the small WSM fired up before I headed to work and went home and checked on it twice during the night. was humming right along about 230*.
Started out by soaking 4 butts in Kosmo's pork soak overnight.
PB120343.jpg

Pulled em out, rinsed em and let em dry out a bit.
PB120345.jpg

Rubbed em down with salt, pepper and Plowboy's Yard Bird Rub
PB120346.jpg

Tossed em on the WSM
PB120352.jpg

Spritzed every few hours with apple cider.. Was all I had in the fridge.
PB130356.jpg

Got home about 7am, temps had dropped down to about 205, it was cold and windy and I was tired, Butts were at about 150* after 11.5 hours. I went ahead and put them in full pans 2 per pan and wrapped in foil, brought em into the house and finished em in the oven at 245* so I could get some sleep after working all night. Here is what they looked like just before I pulled em. No pictures afterwards because I got in a hurry to leave the house. It made 2 full pans full of pulled pork goodness.
PB130363.jpg

PB130362.jpg

They were a big hit. They polished off about a pan and quarter before everyone got their fill. I had a couple of sandwiches this evening before I went to work. It was a job well done, if I say so myself.:bow:

Oh that looks good......MMMMMMMMMMMM....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Nicely done....:-D

Come on you work an off shift. You should know sleep is over rated. Great job on the Q.

Gota love it when a plan comes together. Great lookin' Q right there... Cheers!!!

Back