Filling a vacancy on the board

The last copy of the by-laws I have says the same thing and is the "policy" So the BOD votes with a majority rule. It's clearly defined and simple. And it's a process that's in a number of organizations. Elections cost money, even on-line ones so it's there for economy and speed.

There is clearly a by-law that says the BOD decides at the next meeting. How they do it is up to them. So you are right ,they will do whatever they want to do. We the members so empowered them.

I really didn't mean that to sound negative but I suppose it came out that way.

I sent my nomination of Mr. Farrin to Mike Lake this morning...

Please don't hate me Steve.... :eek:

I sent the quoted message below to the board this morning. Whether anyone else agrees with that or not, I'd urge all members to contact the board and let them know what you would like to see happen. As members, we have the obligation to make our wishes known.

Over the last several days I've been reading quite a bit about recent, and past events, associated with KCBS and the board in particular.

At the moment I'm much more interested in how the vacant seat on the board will be filled, than any of the other issues. Having read the bylaws it is my understanding that the board may fill the seat in any manner they choose. I would strongly urge you to look at the results from the most recent election and select Mike Budai to fill the vacant seat. The membership spoke by casting their ballots in the most recent election.

This past year, the desires of the membership regarding who served on the board was an issue in an unrelated matter. The board chose to honor the wishes of the membership at that time, and I'm hopeful that you will again.

It is also my understanding that the standing Nomination Committee has recommended to the board that nominations be accepted to fill the vacant seat. Should the board choose to accept this recommendation I would like to nominate both Mike Budai, and Steve Farrin who are both members in good standing to the best of my knowledge. Mr. Farrin has stated publicly that his preference is for the seat to be filled by Mr. Budai. I agree, and support his statement. Both gentlemen have my support based on what I know about Mr. Farrin personally, and Mr. Budai from those that I've spoken to that know him.

While I know that the bylaws don't require the board to notify the membership of how they plan to handle this issue in advance of taking action, I would ask that you do so. I believe that an open process would benefit those already serving, any new member chosen to serve, as well as the membership as a whole.

Thank you for your time, as well as your service to KCBS.
Sincerely,

Back