Waterloo IA/LaPorte City Iowa

B

Buster Dog BBQ

I talked to the organizer. If you want to get out of Waterloo early to head down to LaPorte, she said to mention on your app if you are going to LaPorte City and also if you will have your own generator. They will try their best to group us together.

She cant guarantee anything and it's first come first serve. Some things like Vendors have to stay together and such.

Thanks! At the moment it looks like we're just doing Waterloo. it doesn't look like my wife will be able to get off of work on Sunday. that may change as we get closer to the date.

Starting to feel like the teams that haven't been invited to the Jack will be in the minority in LaPorte. 30 team max and here's part of the list I'm hearing:

Pellet Envy
Smoking Triggers
IA Smokey D's
Slabs
Quau
Cancer Sucks - Scottie sounds like he's coming
4 Mile Fred - haven't heard, just assuming he'll be there
Lotta Bull - Mike was there last year, no idea about this year

Am I missing anyone?

And we get to compete against these teams twice in one weekend!

Here's a list that i received via e-mail today for Waterloo.

FFE BBQ
The Slabs

Big T's Q Cru
Lermon BBQ
Grumpy Old Farts BBQ
Pellet Envy
2 Empty Bottles
Jim's "Smokin' the Wheels on the Grill" BBQ
Smokin' Big Dawgs
Tippycanoe BBQ Crew
Buster Dog BBQ
Smokehouse 72
Boondoggle BBQ
Smokin' Triggers
Denver Southern Smoke Shack
Cancersuckschicago.com
Quau
Zippy's BBQ
Smokin' Bonz BBQ
Southland Park BBQ
Holy and Oly's BBQ
Meadow Valley BBQ
Iowa State Grill Team

Last edited:
Fred has the Pleasant Hill thing going on Sat. But you know, it's anyone's game. I remember a team up there in LaPorte last year that got 4 calls and still didn't finish in the top 2.

I propose some action for combined scores. We did it last year and Smokey D's won the inaugural Caravan of Carnage..

Giddy up.

Looking forward to it.

Speaking of Smokey D's, I don't see them on the list. Are they going? How about Dr. Porkenstein?

I propose some action for combined scores. We did it last year and Smokey D's won the inaugural Caravan of Carnage..

Giddy up.

Looking forward to it.
Like a bottle of Templeton to the winner?

I believe Woodfella's is planning both. We could see if he could line up a bottle of Templeton for the weekend winner. Plus, get all the teams doing both to throw in $10 and high weekend score take all?

Good let Darren vend! :twisted:

I think Liz and Josh said they plan on cooking both. Steve's name was in the email from Waterloo. I think I remember Smokehouse 72 and Big Tz planning on it too.

Teams doing both: (I think)
The Slabs
Big Tz

Pellet Envy
Buster Dog BBQ
Smokehouse 72
Boondoggle BBQ
Smokin' Triggers
Cancersuckschicago.com
Quau
Woodfellas
Tippycanoe BBQ Crew

What about:
Holy and Oly's BBQ
Meadow Valley BBQ
Spanky n his Meat Mafia
A Boy and His BBQ (or will he also be catering with Darren?)
If you got em Smoke Em
Iowa Outlaws
Ponderosa

Last edited:
We are in for both as well....and I'm game for a little side action:icon_smil

Outstanding warrants?

Damn, I don't want to poke the caged dog. You go back to bed. No smack talk to get you all riled up like you were last year!!! I'll bring some combo"s so you overeat and feel miserable at 3:00 am... Is the old man doing the double header as well? Now I'll talk a little smack with the master. ;-)

Holy and Oly's will only be in Waterloo. Our motto is "We only take one ass kicking per week." It works for us.

Yep. Smokehouse 72 will be doing both, and we would be up for some side action as well.
Bottle of Templeton sounds good.

Back