Midwest Bash 2013

I think we should just pick the second weekend and go with it. That gives everyone lead time and we can make plans. Any seconds?

I think we should just pick the second weekend and go with it. That gives everyone lead time and we can make plans. Any seconds?

I'm not voting until I get final approval of the ATBBQ cooking date.

The all things barbecue November class is the third weekend so I vote for the second weekend.

I'd go for the second weekend.

Statistically the temperatures really start dropping off rapidly the month of November.

The average high the second weekend is 59F and the average low is 35F

The third weekend the average high has already dropped to 55F and the low 32F

Second weekend stands a much better chance of being nicer.

It really doesn't matter to me which weekend we pick. The sooner we decide and set in stone, the sooner I can block off those days at work.

Unless I hear any objections . . . I am planning on calling the KOA . . . err . . . Jellystone Park people and talk to them about our event.

I will let them know that the second weekend in November arriving the 8th and departing the 10th is what we are looking to do.

I will also call a local rental company to arrange for a portable toilet. I thought that was a very nice touch last year.

I will post another message here once I have confirmation on Monday.

I'm looking forward to it again this year!

I just called Jellystone Park - they are very happy that we're coming back this year. As usual, with 10 paid reservations we get the pavilion for free :-D. I just made mine for Friday & Saturday nights, leaving Sunday - that's November 8, 9 and leaving on the 10th. Now we only need 9 more to guarantee the pavilion, here's the info:

http://www.kansascityjellystone.com/

The lady that I talked to was ecstatic about us returning this year. Make her day & get your reservations in today :grin:.

So, we just reserve a cottage or lodge or cabin, correct? And just mention BBQ brethren?

Dave,
Please let me know if there is any room for me in Casa Compton. :thumb:

And the sooner you call, the better chance you'll have of getting a cottage, lodge or cabin. They go quick!

Last year several of us shared a large cabin/lodge. I think it was 4 of us and it came to about 65 a person for the weekend.

Different trailer, but there's a hide-a-bed couch in the living room.

ps - As of right now Erma's quite smoking again, lets hope it lasts :-D.

Sounds good Dave. That will be my backup plan. My "A" plan is to find 4-5 non snoreing Bros that want to share a lodge. Anyone interested? Last year it was me, Wayne, Bryan and I forgot who else.

Arlin, if you and your Darlin' are interested, you guys could take the private room with the queen bed. Lodges have indoor plumbing so you guys could avoid the "walk of shame." ;-)

Back