Team names and Bio's??

Right - just cause the member number isn't listed on the page doesn't mean it isn't the key to the puzzle that would allow for point listings on team pages.

TOY is based on the head cooks membership number. So if another person is acting head cook you still need to identify the "real" head cook to get the points. When they started compiling the TOY for 2009 and found all these name problems, etc they went to member number and it was posted on a lot fo boards at the time.

This designated "head cook" has always bothered me...why does there have to be one person listed as head cook? Most of the teams are just that..."teams". Instead of TOY honors perhaps it should be HCOY...:roll: For those folks flyin' solo it's understandable...it's your gig. But for the folks who actually count on their teammates for wins I feel it is a slight to the rest of the members.

A perfect example is our team "Left Hand Smoke". If I am listed a head cook because the team is listed under my KCBS number then Brian will not get any credit for TOY points. Granted...we do not compete in many (if any) KCBS events out here...but if we ever do I feel it would be a grave injustice to his invaluable contributions to our team.

It just doesn't seem that complicated to me...I totally do not understand the rationale behind only being able to belong to one team per membership...and not being listed on any other team at the peril of losing your current team.

If it is a truly a TOY rating thing...then rate the "TEAM"...whoever and however many KCBS members there are on it.

I'll get off my soapbox now...:cool:

This designated "head cook" has always bothered me...why does there have to be one person listed as head cook? Most of the teams are just that..."teams". Instead of TOY honors perhaps it should be HCOY...:roll: For those folks flyin' solo it's understandable...it's your gig. But for the folks who actually count on their teammates for wins I feel it is a slight to the rest of the members.

A perfect example is our team "Left Hand Smoke". If I am listed a head cook because the team is listed under my KCBS number then Brian will not get any credit for TOY points. Granted...we do not compete in many (if any) KCBS events out here...but if we ever do I feel it would be a grave injustice to his invaluable contributions to our team.

It just doesn't seem that complicated to me...I totally do not understand the rationale behind only being able to belong to one team per membership...and not being listed on any other team at the peril of losing your current team.

If it is a truly a TOY rating thing...then rate the "TEAM"...whoever and however many KCBS members there are on it.

I'll get off my soapbox now...:cool:

I'm with you on this, Rob and I split everything 50/50, he's cooking two categories as am I. We split our costs, entry fees, etc. and have started to list both of us as head cooks. When we do contests we walk for what we cook and if we ever place as a team, the team goes up.

If we ever compete solo, why shouldn't the points the team gets for that weekend count towards the team total for TOY, regardless if it was Rob or I doing it? I'd be using some of the items the entire team uses, just happen to be solo that weekend.

If we ever compete solo, why shouldn't the points the team gets for that weekend count towards the team total for TOY, regardless if it was Rob or I doing it? I'd be using some of the items the entire team uses, just happen to be solo that weekend.

It would if you are signing up to cook under the same team name.

I suppose I better go see if I am booted or not.... I have my own team, and I help out another one a LOT. I do abt 2 KCBS a year and don't care where I sit in relation to the points. I do it just for the fun of it. Now, my buddy I help out, likes the points, so I don't mind helping him out. I get to go to more events, and he gets "free" help... it's a win, win for him....

Guess I will have to wait until they finish doing what they are doing... all I get it this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JException::getEscaped() in /var/www/vhosts/kcbs.us/httpdocs/teams.php on line 183

Back