Marshalltown location change

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just got a message from staff at Marshalltown for the Iowa State BBQ Championship. Due to flooding the event has been moved to the Iowa International Speedway (a kart track I think!).
It is further south towards Hwy 30.
If you go to Mapquest and type in the address:
2002 E Anson St
Marshalltown, IA 50158-3665
It will provide a great map. Use the aeriel image and you can drag from the City park to the speedway and have a good thought as to where it is.
See you all there on the 27th.
Andy, you still makin the trip?

ModelMaker

Andy's out. Got a 500 person gig this weekend.

We are out for this year, but it isn't this weekend Todd, it is then end of June. We have too much going on this year to make it up there. Hopefully next year.

We'll miss you and HoDeDo this year. Maybe we got all the rain early in stead of the day of the event for this one.:biggrin:
All that rain last year made me want to :icon_sick.

For anymore infomation and a map, go to the website.
http://www.marshalltownbbq.com/

see ya down the road.

We have had a bunch of contests this year... and have a full late summer/fall. Bellevue and Marshalltown are two of the contests that took a hit this year. I could do one other local contest for the cost of the fuel! It is a favorite, and we hope to make it back next year.

That's too bad. We missed last year with ticker problems and were looking forward to meeting up with you and the family for a few hours.
Another day another place.
Take Care.
Ed & Julie

Good to hear from ya Ed, I thought you might have fallen in the Cedar. (sorry, hijack over)

can't make it this year either--sure do like that contest though

BBQ championship in Mtown

I'll be covering this for the Marshall County Sun News, and I cannot wait.

trl

ooh, a news reporter!!
You'll have to look me up, I've always wanted to be a media whore.
ModelMaker

Back