• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My (not-so) Ugly Drum Smoker.

Nice drum you farkin drumhead!!!!!!
Oh and very nice looking butt also!!!!

I checked out the newpig site, ever thought of getting the drum roller dolly to make moving the beast easier? Just a thought. what does a completed UDS weigh generally?

Purty Drum...and Purty Pron...! :p Great job on both! :biggrin:

I checked out the newpig site, ever thought of getting the drum roller dolly to make moving the beast easier? Just a thought. what does a completed UDS weigh generally?

I was just on the web site today and thought they would be good, but pricey compared to the drum itself. I think $63 bucks was the cheapest.

Perhaps I can McGuyver something, someday...

Attachments

• dolly.gif
    dolly.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 609
If he fab'ed the drum smoker, he should be able to drill some holes and bolt the dolly you show to it. Or even go to a surplus hardware store and get pneumatic tires and make an all terrain UDS! That's hot!

And to think, I thought I was done...then I read the line above and it got me thinking...

The fact of the matter is that it does need to be movable for my yard.

Let me say, also, that I am not that handy. So if things look a little strange, now you know why.

I started with a wire frame for support on top of 2x4's, I wanted to keep the wood away from Direct Heat Contact as much as possible.

The wheels were a pain in the arse for me. Trying to find the stuff needed, required a lot of trips to HD, Lowes & local hardware stores.

I bolted the axle to the UDS frame using U-Bolts, I created spacers using PVC, which were painted Black and finally capped the axle.

DSC05040_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC05041_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC05043_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Boy, I am even laying on the ground for this thing....

DSC05052_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC05053_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Started coating the wood with Thompson Water Seal.

DSC05054_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC05056_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

I plan on getting a bigger sheet of metal as a hot plate.

DSC05089_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

I also plan on closing the back and sides, adding a shelf or two and utillty hooks galore.

Oh, ya' and a bottle opener as well!

sniff, sniff, my screen's getting a little blurry.

Way to go on the portable table and unified UDS!!!

Just Brilliant!!!!!

Great job on the UDS build and the food as well. When will the next release of USD III be released. Can't wait.

And to think, I thought I was done...then I read the line above and it got me thinking...

The fact of the matter is that it does need to be movable for my yard.

Oh, ya' and a bottle opener as well!

Nice use of suggestion for a build! A+

The bottle opener is an easy make if you want an HCC model or eBay has TONS of cheepies!

Very nice work bother!

Back