Anyone have a burbon sauce recipe?

Yellowhair42

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a sauce similar to the Jack Daniels sauce they have at Applebee's.I tried the search and only found BBQ sauce.The wife really likes this stuff and I figured why reinvent the wheel if someone has one already.

Ive been known to add a shot or two of bourbon to store bought bbq sauces when i dont have time to make from scratch. Make sure you boil the alcohol off first. I usually cook two shots down to one or till it starts to look like syrup. Then add your bbq sauce of choice. If you want something different on the sweet side you can boil down some orange soda till its syrup and use that in place of sugar. I call it Orange pop bourbon bbq sauce.

this is what i have on it . from applebees folder that i have

1/2 cup A1 STEAK SAUCE
1/4 CUP old #7 burbon wiskey
1 Tabl honey
1 tea mustard

Hope this helps

A buddy made some the other day and it was awesome. Excellent sauce.

I'm hoping he'll share the recipe.

This stuff is great. I make it all the time.

Taken from: allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bourbon-Whiskey-BBQ-Sauce/Detail.aspx

Original recipe makes 4 cupsChange Servings
1/2 onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup bourbon whiskey
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt
2 cups ketchup
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
Check All Add to Shopping List
Directions

In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, and whiskey. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Mix in the ground black pepper, salt, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Run sauce through a strainer if you prefer a smooth sauce.

1/2 cup A1 STEAK SAUCE
1 Tabl honey
1 tea mustard

Hope this helps

This seem like what I was looking for.I can't wait to try it.Thanks.

I found this one a while ago (don't remember where) and made it a few times it is close to TGIFidays

Whisky Steak Sauce

1 cup Jack Daniels whiskey
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup cider vinegar
½ cup soy sauce
2 tsp crushed or minced garlic
1 tsp fine ground black pepper

Whisk it all together until the sugar is dissolved over low heat simmer 15 min allow to cool before serving

I make this

DC4.jpg

As seen here

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146889&highlight=devils+cut

by modifying this recipe

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/T-G-I-Fridays-Jack-Daniels-Grill-Glaze-Recipe.html

It is sort of a PITA to make but I love it and it never lasts very long.

1/2 cup A1 STEAK SAUCE
1 Tabl honey
1 tea mustard

Hope this helps

I know it's just because I live in the middle of bourbon country (ranting here), and it's a huge part of the culture around here......but gawd it irritates me when people call Jack Daniels bourbon....it's not, never has been, never will be bourbon. Just because it's whiskey doesn't mean it's bourbon, anymore than just because it's beef it's brisket....

I know it's just because I live in the middle of bourbon country (ranting here), and it's a huge part of the culture around here......but gawd it irritates me when people call Jack Daniels bourbon....it's not, never has been, never will be bourbon. Just because it's whiskey doesn't mean it's bourbon, anymore than just because it's beef it's brisket....

sorry :oops:

Wait

Beef isn't brisket?

:behindsofa:

Back