• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Medium Green Egg Score!

Grumpy's Q

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just scored a Med green egg on CL. I get to pick it up after work today. whoo hoo! :-D:-D:mrgreen:

Sweet Grumpy, I can never find anything like that on CL.

Are we in Qtalk yet?

Great score Mike. I've been looking for a while myself.

dammit, I bet it is the one I just seen and asked about. He said he just sold it to a 'gentleman'...:roll:...welll I'll keep looking.

I talked to Grumpy about 6pm. He was on his way home with his new egg. I told him he was lucky I didn't see it first.:wink:

I got home with the little bugger last night. Had to call thillin to tell him what I found. It's a medium egg. The guy bought it in June, it still has the partial bag of lump they gave him when he bought it. It has a Pizza stone and nest to boot. Whoo Hoo! I'll try to post some pictures tonight.

I got home with the little bugger last night. Had to call thillin to tell him what I found. It's a medium egg. The guy bought it in June, it still has the partial bag of lump they gave him when he bought it. It has a Pizza stone and nest to boot. Whoo Hoo! I'll try to post some pictures tonight.

did ya get a plate setter?

can i ask how much you paid?

Yep, that was the one I was after...I am sure it got a good home.

I had to go to less than savory part of town to pick it up. I met him at his storage place to get it. The guy was getting ready to move to a new condo. He would not be able to use it at his new place. The fella was a real nice guy. Big dude, he just bear hugged the egg and set it in the back of my van.

Hey bbqbull - check out the Grand Rapids craigslist under gerneral for sale. Don't think they have a list for Eagle.

Of course they are also listed here at a better price.

Ah, Ha! The old I keep all the hiested stuff in a rental storage unit and tell guys I'm moving trick! Did you see my plasma TV in there? :-D

Good deal! I'm happy for you. Cook On!

Nice score! Congrats on your find. $45 sounds reasonable for the platesetter, get a Pizza Stone too!

Nice score! Congrats on your find. $45 sounds reasonable for the platesetter, get a Pizza Stone too!

I got a pizza stone with it. :pI found the plate setter cheaper on e-bay but I would have to pay shipping. I will have to pay tax on the one I found locally so it's really a wash. Instant gratification mod! :rolleyes:

I'd go for the instant gratification mod, but thats just me!

Back