et 732 or 733 ?

promad

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm in the market for one but which one is better ? pros and cons ? I can get the the 732 for 59.00 or the 733 for 69.00

I vote 732 hands down!
The 733 has numerous issues,as reported by owners here
The 732 is ready to roll right out of the box.
I have 3 732s & the 6' hybrid probes for each of them(no problems what so ever)

220.png

It looks like the 733 is about $20 more at Amazon. I would spends the extra. A screwed up thermometer can ruin a $50 brisket in one day.

EDIT: I didn't read grill 'em all post correctly. I read it as the 732 had issue. I don't own either one. I did own the one before that and it was junk so it turned me off the company altogether.

Last edited:
What are the 733 issues?

JP

Handshake issues between the 2 units.
Poor reception through walls.

Most of the time when the 732 VS 733 convo starts here the 732 wins.

Having never owned a 733 perhaps I spoke out of turn.I considered the 733 before choosing the 732.I went with the 732 largely in part to the reviews they both got here.

I only own the 733. I got it based off the review from the Amazing Ribs site. I have had no issues with getting the two pieces to sync and have not dropped connection when using it.

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/thermometer_buying_guide.html

I was set on the 733 myself. I lurked around this place & there were more happy 732 owners than 733.I recall a few members here unhappy with the 733 and based my decision on that alone..As pleased as I have been with the 732 I cant imagine the 733 being a total flop.(This is my attempt at back peddling)

I own 3 732s & the 3 line timer.All products by Maverick.
They serve me well..
Again,having never tried the 733 for myself,I shouldnt down it.

I still vote 732!!

I like my 733 once they sent me a new receiver that will last more than 2 days without dead batteries.

The 732 has been good to me, except for the fact that a probe was bad right out of the box. Still waiting on the replacement from Maverick. I intend to purchase new probes to have on hand as back ups though.

Back