stoker in the rain

Smokin' Hicks

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
i was wondering what everyone used if anything to cover the blower portion of their stoker or guru....it says they are not waterproof so i am a bit concerned about the blower getting wet...

I have seen people make a tupperware fixture for the main unit and the blowers on the smokers were under patio umbrellas or those portatable tents.

I usually wrap foil around my fans if it's raining - so far it's worked well. I've also seen people use old coffee cans/etc to place over the fans.

#10 can for blower. Tupperware for the controller.

I have my entire unit including the blower in the drawer of my work table next to my drum. I just ran some 1" hose from the blower to the intake pipe. easy peasy and no risk of anything getting wet and ruined.

I had posted a thread about Stoker protection (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98099) and mentioned working on something to protect the fans and heard from many that they run them no problem in heavy rains. Some Stoker owners posted some pretty slick solutions for protecting their Stoker in the same thread.

For the fan, I usually just stick a piece of foil over it and slap a heat resistant silicone band around it to fasten it. Although likely not necessary it's cheap & quick and I figure why take a chance of issues.

Back