• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Man Sized Meat" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Man Sized Meat!"[/size]
1562781_Completed_Gore.jpg

Some sort of winning Man Sized Meat from some other bizarre sort of competition which is vastly inferior to the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

...as chosen by Redhot, the winner of the Pizza Throwdown!

Redhot was very specific about what she is looking for...
Redhot said:
Hey Chris,

I would like to call the next TD...

Man Sized Meat!

Whether a hefty pork chop, porterhouse, ribeye or any other larger cut, you are called upon to cook one single large portion of meat fit for a king. No whole roasts, prime rib, leg of lamb, etc. sliced into single portions. You must include at least one picture of the prep, one of it on the grill/smoker and one plated. NO sides in your TD picture, the meat should speak for itself!

Eggplant, SPAM, fowl, or fish entries will be double DQ'd.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Just a nice large SINGLE portion of meat, and you must include 3 photo's one raw, one cooking, and one plated. Don't forget this is just the meat, and NO SIDES!

Crazy idea...no clue where this idea came from!:becky:

So....PRESENT YOUR MANLY MEAT!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/14 through Sunday 10/23.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 10/23.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 10/24 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 10/29. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Tenderloin Throwdown until Sunday night 10/16 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Cook Like a Bigabyte Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

NO EGGPLANT!?!?

I'm outta here! :bolt:

Yeah, eggplant was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title. Now I see this post and realized, "Fark, more special rules." And there it is, no eggplant! So again, more special rules :mad:. Can't "man-sized meat" just stand for itself? Why all the restrictions and why the extra pics? The thing I really hate is someone forgets to take a picture of their raw meat and is disqualified, like that is what the people base their vote on. :crazy:

P.S. Does grill type matter? I currently only have a gas grill. My smoker isn't set up for a high temp like a steak would require. If gas is game ... then I'm game.

P.S. Does grill type matter? I currently only have a gas grill. My smoker isn't set up for a high temp like a steak would require. If gas is game ... then I'm game.

Yep, you can use a gasser, as long as it's grilled! Welcome to the TD's!:becky:

The rule says no cutting in to individual portions but can the large piece be cut maybe in half for the pic?

Yep, you can use a gasser, as long as it's grilled! Welcome to the TD's!:becky:

Get some wood chips and make a foil bomb for some smoke.:thumb:

Back