Contest Announcment iowa state bbq championsip june 26-27

Docmiller

Found some matches.
Reaction score
attention all cooks that have signed up for iowa state bbq championship in marshalltown next weekend..please go to www.marshalltownbbq.com for special announcement...see yu all next wekeend...lew miller chairman

Here is the letter:

June 20, 2009

Iowa State BBQ Championship Participants:

We hope you are looking forward to the 11th Annual Iowa State BBQ Championship next weekend here in Marshalltown! Although recent rains have created some wet areas in our campground we will be ready for the contest June 26th & 27th!

Every attempt is being made to accommodate your site requests, however please understand that not every request will be honored due to campground conditions. We will be re-evaluating the conditions at Riverview Park daily to ensure that every team participant has a great location.

We highly recommend cooking teams to bring along any extension cords and/or generators if you need power. Limited power will be available however we cannot guarantee it at every location at this time.

Our committee and community partners are working hard over the next week to ensure that your stay in Marshalltown next weekend is a great one!

Sincerely,

Lew Miller, Cindy Schulte, Bianca Greazel & Pat Hageman
Contest Co-Chairs

www.marshalltownbbq.com

I've heard there have been people camping there and the river is down. So pray hard for super dry weather this week.

Just in case, does any of the Brethren teams have a generator that I can tap off of if we're close enough to each other? I'll buy gas and provide coffee on Saturday morning (and Margaritas on Friday night). I don't have air, just lights, the FEC and the coffee pot so i don't use much power. A generator is on our plans for this year but we need to win more money first :-D

Just in case, does any of the Brethren teams have a generator that I can tap off of if we're close enough to each other? I'll buy gas and provide coffee on Saturday morning (and Margaritas on Friday night). I don't have air, just lights, the FEC and the coffee pot so i don't use much power. A generator is on our plans for this year but we need to win more money first :-D

We may have the same need. Our little 1200 watt generator is not enough anymore. One of the reasons we chose this contest, was access to electricity. We were really counting on the 30 amp hookup. Any one is central Iowa have a generator we can borrow?

We will have both Honda 2000's with us. If we have the electric hookup at our site we expect, both generators will be available for someone(s) to use.

We will have both Honda 2000's with us. If we have the electric hookup at our site we expect, both generators will be available for someone(s) to use.

Greg, we may take you up on that if needed. Thanks

Greg, we could throw some parsley in too, I'm going to pick up a case at Restaurant Depot to bring up. Should be enough for at least a 3rd team and maybe even a 4th.

Let me know who's interested.

Greg, we could throw some parsley in too, I'm going to pick up a case at Restaurant Depot to bring up. Should be enough for at least a 3rd team and maybe even a 4th.

Sounds good on the parsley Bob, count us in.

I would be interested in going in on a case of parsley...how many bunches are in a case?

I will also be bringing my semi-quiet (not honda quiet) generator along...if I don't need it anyone is welcome to use it. I also have a loud generator I could bring along if someone wanted to listen to it roar (the noise may be better than no power). Let me know

I might take one of the Brothers up on the Generator... I know that if I don't have power to run my cooker, I might as well stay home! :eek:
I don't own one personally and could sure use some help, if anyone has an extra!

Thanks!

I would be interested in going in on a case of parsley...how many bunches are in a case?

About 60. We'll keep about 15 punches for ourselves. Ribs 4U and Tippy Canoe are in - depending on how much each of them want, I'd guess we should have enough for one more team.

Before going to the Hy-Vee truck on Saturday, check with me to see if we still have some available.

Sorry for the dumb question - but will there be a Hy-Vee truck at the comp site? It it dependable stuff?

Back