Plowboys BBQ Yardbird Rub - by courtesy of fellow brethren QansasjayhawQ

I use it on pork and poultry and buy it 5 lbs at a time! I have found it to be salty though, if I use too much, so I don't use as much as I may of another brand of rub. But I really like the flavor.

I'd like to find some other ingredients I could add to cut the saltiness a bit (other than sugar - I don't care for rubs that are too sweet) and keep it tasting somewhat similar without the extra salt.

I have used it on chicken & pork and it's good for both. I actually find it a bit mild for my taste. Bovine Bold is good for pork and beef. I buy it in small quantities at my local Bass Pro Shop to keep it fresh. It's a little pricey, so I usually reserve it for special occasions. My everyday fallback rubs are Bolner's Fiesta rubs from HEB, but they seem saltier than Plowboys to me, so I use them more sparingly.

Still no poultry. Because the pavilion is made kaput by winter, today's weather conditions prevent this weekends 'Q'in. :sad:

But how about a nice large Yardbird parmesan omelet for breakfast?

parmesan_yardbird_omelet_zpsf7cf05a6.jpg

parmesan_yardbird_omelet_closeup_zps8476fa2a.jpg

Yardbird on parmesan gives a really nice flavor profile, which even the kids like.

Back