Jumbo Joe Smoker.

Will the jumbo joe cooking grate fit in the pot? Like minded builder would like to know. Have you decided on a heat diffuser yet?
The grate fits really well. I think I am going to go with two racks for cooking up top and use a pizza pan with some holes in it as a diffuser... The pot is thicker than I had anticipated so I am waiting for my Step Dad to give me a hand with cutting the base. He has all the heavy powertoys to make light work of it!

The grate fits really well. I think I am going to go with two racks for cooking up top and use a pizza pan with some holes in it as a diffuser... The pot is thicker than I had anticipated so I am waiting for my Step Dad to give me a hand with cutting the base. He has all the heavy powertoys to make light work of it!

Cool, a jumbo wsm is in the planning for me. Thanks for the info.

Haven't decided if going to drill a bunch of holes in the base or just cut it out. I you do a search for mini WSM build there are a lot of threads with pics of all the ways to make it work.
Jay use the charcoal grate that came with the jumbo joe as a template...draw out the circle and cut it out. The charcoal rack always makes the perfect size

Any updates coming Jay? Curious if the sanding on the bottom made the pot fit in better.

Even if you pay full price ($60) for the Jumbo Joe and order that pot for $64 you have basically a 18.5" WSM for Half price. I'd just drill a series of holes in bottom of the pot and that would be the diffuser. a 3m scotch brite wheel on a die grinder would shape the bottom edge of that pot easy to fit better. :wink:

:pop2: waiting to see how this turns out, good luck

How do you Farkers make it look so easy!
We don't tell ya all the problems. mistakes, mismeasurments and burns we get while welding or cuts from grinding discs. Just post what helps.
It's no use whining about it...... no one listens to us :tsk:

Hi Jay, I'm always researching on Jumbo Joe smoker builds. I know this is an old post, but do you have an update or link to an update? I'm really interested in the pot fitting the bottom of the JJ and your rack setup

I've got a JJ and a Stacker and I want to try hanging ribs - another little project for me :idea:

Yup, target floor model got it down to $27 and change brand new and assembled!

Same here but I think I paid $17 or $18. Didn't need it but couldn't pass it up. Saw it several times for $29 and kept walking. They also put the grates and covers on sale for less than $5.

Back