May 20-21st Bar-B-Q by the Lake, Lake Alfred, FL

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I judged this cookoff today. Good food and the scoring was tight.

Kevin (HomeBBQ.com) and Clara took Reserve and walked twice. Tim (CosmicCookin) walked, too. :D

Jimmy (Smokin' Cracker) was using his dualing Spicewine cookers. I think he had a good outing but was disappointed with the results. Oh, I almost forgot: thanks for the shirt! :D

Hopefully, these guys will post some details.

We had super weather, a great venue right on the lake, and a bunch of very talented competitors.

The organization was a bit lacking but the fire chief (organizer) was trying to do too much of the work himself. I think this event will grow and I'm thinking the chief will be able to scare up some serious sponsors for next year.

12th overall
Good to meet you Dave and yes I was a bit disappointed I guess I got some work to do.
chicken 10th
ribs 12th
pork 19th
brisket 13th
cookers worked good and we had alot of fun.

It was another good contest. Met some new folks which is always cool, had great neighbors and got to gag some judge with our brisket! Wished that judge would've gotten our pork, they'd still be chokin'!

All in all we had fun and earned a little back on our investment.

We'll see everybody at the fun cook and all the fall contests!

Congrats, everyone!

pics

Lake Alfred Florida
A nice place to Q.
I promised pictures. Pictures attached.

Yes that is a/c on top of the trailer.
Nice to get out of the skitters at night and get in the cool air.

Congrats to all that competed. You FBA boys know what Q'n is all about too! Certainly proud that you are Brethren family!!

How far were those jacks buried in the ground after holding up both those cookers? :twisted:

jt

The ground was good and solid there so I had no problems with that.
The cookers roll on a hard surface just fine so it works well to put them out on the ramp like that.
If I run into some sand, mud, etc. I have some 2'x2' plywood pieces I keep in the trailer for each jack.

Lots of weight on the ramp with ME the two smokers and Doug. The trailer MFG says it will hold 4000 lbs.??? (Designed to carry cars I guess) I'm not sure about that but things seemed REAL steady.

Wasn't doubting it would hold it - I remember your post earlier about the trailer. Just wondered about if the ground was soft. Sure would suck if one of those or both rolled/toppled off. I didn't see the plywood pieces in the pic.

Back