• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Let's get it from the pro's..

I like them both. I don't dip my steak in it because I'm afraid to ruin the meat. I just happen to like the sauces.

When I was younger and spent a lot of time getting omelets at 2am at the diner that 50/50 ketchup/A1 deal can't be beat on eggs and potatoes.

depends on the meat. at home I no longer use any sauce. at restaurants which I rarely go I will take a bite. then adjust accordingly. but really, steaks are for home.

on bbq, I do enjoy sauce sometimes, sometimes not. difference is the spice of life.

on steaks, well, I'll leave my comments at grilling-brethren.com

I like both on fries and tater tots but rarely ever put it on beef. Sometimes I like 57 on a chop.

A1 allll the way. 57 is one of the only things heinz makes that I abhor.

Buuuuut A1 is my baked tater sauce NOT STEAK unless its one of those crappy steaks off a buffet bar. The technique I've used as a child is to eat my tater with sour cream, butter and chives.....and finish the skin with my tater sauce(A1).:becky:

When I order a steak at a restaurant and they ask if need some steak sauce, My standard reply is "I sure hope not". If it needs sauce, it needs help! As to A1 and Heinz 57, both are tasty and very different, hard to compare.... Just hope I don't need it to save my darn steak!

I do agree that with a good cut of beef to sauce it would be somewhat of a sin. I do admit that I will mix a little Worcestershire with a little A-1 and use it as a dipping sauce, just to mix it up a bit. With "Q" I will glaze a rack or two of ribs for my girls who like things a little sweet. My wife (Texan transplant), son, and I do not like any sauce on our "Q", though lately my wife has been putting Shack Attack on just about everything. Forgot to add my daughters put A-1 Thick and Hearty on everything I cook, which is somewhat disappointing especially after I go through the trouble of making what I think is a beautiful pan sauce, but thus is life. :eek:hwell:

Back