Sundays cook and Maribel got some help

About time Maribel got some help, than just a guy hanging around with beer :becky:

Nice cooking

I'll be honest - I check this site fairly regularly when time allows, but Mon/Tues each week I'm *always* looking for Tony and Maribel's post. Never disappoints.

We always go to the same carniceria for our carne asada meat - their marinade is included no extra charge, but the price of meat keeps going up. I think you've inspired me to try my own if I can get the meat cheaper elsewhere. It's just hard to break tradition since we know it's the best we've found (my wife's family has been using them for years - it's all any of us will buy anymore), plus, we like supporting the little local market.

But I would love to be able to make my own for cheaper.

I'll be honest - I check this site fairly regularly when time allows, but Mon/Tues each week I'm *always* looking for Tony and Maribel's post. Never disappoints.

We always go to the same carniceria for our carne asada meat - their marinade is included no extra charge, but the price of meat keeps going up. I think you've inspired me to try my own if I can get the meat cheaper elsewhere. It's just hard to break tradition since we know it's the best we've found (my wife's family has been using them for years - it's all any of us will buy anymore), plus, we like supporting the little local market.

But I would love to be able to make my own for cheaper.

Try buying the diesmillo and you can tenderize yourself with the thing that pokes a lot of holes. Usually half the price. Over here it's 6.49 pound when not long ago It was 4.49

Try buying the diesmillo and you can tenderize yourself with the thing that pokes a lot of holes. Usually half the price. Over here it's 6.49 pound when not long ago It was 4.49
Yep...$7.99 here, according to my father in law was around $4 when he first started going there.

Back