• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

will this work

Brophy320

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey all

will this work for a fire basket in uds

20130820_133124.jpg

Well plasti on handles getting cut off as we speak but how do i tell if galvenised? Looks like stainless.

Risk... Me, I'm just not in to it... Easy enough to build your own, and I'm not Mr. Builder...

Can't imagine that is galvanized. As long as you get the blue crap off I'd consider doing a burn on it first. Get her good and hot for a while and you should be good to go after....

I would put a load of coals in there and fire it up before I ever used it with food. If there is any kind of weird smoke coming off of it or any oders then I would not use it.

To be honest, if it were me, I would drag that basket to the end of the driveway and chuck it in the trash.

It's not going to be a long term solution because the hot coals are going to burn right through those thin wires.

Put a file or sander to it to see its its coated, then put torch on it and see.......

Does it appear chromed like a new cooking grate?

Looks to be Aluminized steel to me, like an OLD SMOKEY, slice the Blue crap off it. Bolt a Pizza pan to the bottom and get cooking.

You might want to drip a drop of concentrated acid of some kind on the metal and see if the coating dissolves; thereby indicating galvanized. If so, you might take it to a plating shop and have them soak it in acid for a while to remove it all.

Back