What to do with boring pork loin leftovers?

Make pizza. :wink:

DSC_0118-001.jpg

Thanks for the awesome ideas y'all! I'm bookmarking this for future reference. :thumb:

It ended up that as I cut closer to the center, the loin was actually pretty dang good. I cooked at a higher heat than normal 'cause I had other stuff happening and a couple cookers going and the loin was what I was paying the least attention to. I pulled it at 141, tented it, and then stuck it in an oven that was at the lowest setting that I turned off right before putting the loin and a garlic/lemon chix in there. I think the loin did coast a little up higher than I would have liked, esp. at the ends. It was still a little pink as I got closer to the center. I did a marinade/brine type thingee (can't remember what it was though :twitch:). The flavor was great and the moistness tonight was actually pretty good - not fantastic, but I felt much better about it. I used BPS Money Championship and Happy Ending rubs and that stuff is great!

Anyway, I had to pull dinner together kinda quickly tonight so I just diced the stuff and made quesadillas, along with some chopped green onion, avocado with Spike, and a little bit of a Carribean sauce. It was farking tasty!

I also made a batch of black beans and threw some of the loin in there along with some tasso I made this weekend (also made some andouille :hungry:). I put zero seasoning of any kind in the beans except for a bay leaf and, between the tasso and the flavor of the loin, the beans taste really great - so all's well that ends well! :clap2: The quesadilla pic was a study in bad photography so I'll spare y'all that one. :tsk:

Photo1-136.jpg

I'll be taking some slices for lunch tomorrow. I think in the future I'll be cutting from the middle out and use the ends for beans and whatnot. It may be a moot point as I usually do a reverse sear starting at a lower temp like 250 in order to get uniform doneness throughout. I will probably always rest at room temp like Ropo pointed out earlier.

Anyway - lots of great ideas from all y'all and I really appreciate it and this is one of those type of things that makes me love this place. :clap2:

Mmmm..I knew you would come up with something outstanding. You didn't let me down. :shock: Awesome Greg!! :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Nice save! One of my faves for loins that get away is sliced loin Q sammiches,just like pulled Q but sliced with mayo and sauce/slaw,if you like it.Even better on a biscuit in the mornin.:mod:

• Thanks
Stir fried veges and noodles, add last so they warm but don't dry out.
Otherwise, heated in a sauce or gravy as mentioned before.

• Thanks
Back