Anyone have experience with these?

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I need to replace the water heater in my rig and am thinking about this 6 gallon heater. Any thoughts?

gl6plus_left.jpg

http://www.improvementdirect.com/bo...n/p308139?source=gba_308139&CAWELAID=99604875

Do you have an electric now

It says it draws 12.5 amps,with a water heater that is usually a constant draw. Your roof air draws 12 to 15 amps at start up then around 10 running,so you are past a 20 amp breaker already. If you would rather have an RV style LP gas email me and I will put you in touch with a cheap source.

I have installed 3 of them in various plants I have worked at. They work pretty well, they are all on hand sinks. Be aware the water in not all that hot and there is a long recovery time. They are very easy to install and seem to last about 2 years with every day use. I took one out to put in something hotter and took it home and it is currently heating the water for the slop sink out in the shop. If you only need 5 gallons of hot water every hour or so you should be fine. Hope this helps.

I agree. Got 2 units in my mobile kitchen, 1 for 3 bay and 1 for hand wash sink. Plenty of water for my needs and easy install. Price is right too. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Trailer 013.jpg
    Trailer 013.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 172
get an ondemand you can run one on a 20 gal propane tank for hours and hours and you never run out of hot

get an ondemand you can run one on a 20 gal propane tank for hours and hours and you never run out of hot

Yep. I'm a plumbing contractor and I sell this line.

http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-heaters/browse/

Great heaters and like FatBoyz said they will run a long time on a bottle of LP.

I've used the Ariston heaters in applications that don't have access to gas, but it is only large enough to supply one or two sink and the recovery time really sucks.

Another option is a tankless flow through electric. The flow rate is slow but the hot water is endless.

http://www.stiebel-eltron-usa.com/products.html

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm checking into it.
Rodger, how many amps do those Rinnais take?

Iknow it's low. They mainly need power for igniton and electronics. The electrician puts them on a 115v 15 amp breaker with 14 gauge wire
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm checking into it.
Rodger, how many amps do those Rinnais take?

Whew, I did a search for the amp use on those Rinnai's (3a) and it looks like they start at $900 :eek:

Rub,

Highly consider the propane one. I have doing a lot of researching also on these. The demand for electric is already too much, so why compromise it in the middle of the night... go with the propane. I saw a propane model at Costco for a abt $140 or there abouts.

Bill

Rub,

I have the 4 Gal model and love it. I bought the 4 Gal because it was the price "Sweet spot" on Amazon at $150. Plenty of capacity if you manage your usage.

I had two different LP on-demand units. One was an EL Cheapo model from China that froze up. It was a POS anyway.
I then bought a Bosch 1000P which worked wonderful--when it worked. Temperamental and worked only when it wanted.
Both had to be protected from the elements, including rain, etc.
Both units produced a lot of hot water, when they worked.
Both units used little LP.
Those two represented a $600 (plus) experiment and learning experience.

All of the Ariston models do draw 12.5 Amps. So, you gotta manage your power usage and not run coffee pots, AC's, etc at the same time unless you have a good 30 Amp source.
Easy to manage for us.
We do carry a Yamaha 3000 genset, just in case.
Any team that relies on electrical power needs to have backup available anyway.

Recovery time is only a few minutes and not bad for a 110 V unit.

Stop by and see mine at Okeechobee if you want.

TIM

Back