Tell me what you think

Disappointed that they are doing away with comment cards, especially by blaming it on the new scoring system...that hasn't been introduced yet. Many on the Board have been grinding this axe for awhile.

From what I gather from the quick notes, the new scoring system uses the original box number on the score sheet, instead of the alt number, which the current system has for years. I guess having to pair comment cards with the alt number to score sheets with the original number is too daunting of a task for reps to deal with, even though all the information to accomplish this is available, and could be made available...especially since the software hasn't been introduced yet. :roll:

I'm with you Mike. The part about the comment cards is really disappointing...especially given the reasoning provided. There has got to be more to the story because the information provided in the meeting notes alone is incredibly weak logic.

I rarely received comment cards anyways.
I would have loved to have them, but it never seemed to be in the cards.
( Pun intended )

I just want to take a moment to thank each and every one that is on the board. If you have never been on one, well, you just don't realize what happens, and what goes on behind the scenes. Believe me, I know, not for as being on the KCBS board, but I have been on several boards of other organizations.

Thanks again for your dedication and love for the reason you agreed to do. :clap2: :thumb: :-D

I sure that there will be enough Shiner Bock to get you through all of this Jorge.:thumb:

Yes, Shiner Bock with help with almost anything - yeah, we enjoy that up here in the northland too.

All 4 of you new board members have the support of a lot of us.

I ask that you remember this saying... " Sometimes it is hard to remember that the original objective was to drain the swamp when you are up to your behind in alligators."

Just stay focused on making KCBS better for all of us in spite of all the distractions that are sure to come your way.
Thanks for your dedication and willingness to participate.

Just stay focused on making KCBS better for all of us in spite of all the distractions that are sure to come your way.
Thanks for your dedication and willingness to participate.

No doubt! Thank you for this comment! It is appreciated more than you know!

I''m not finding the quick notes on the last meeting. Where are you seeing this stuff?

Bunny, the board meeting was postponed to next Wednesday because we did not have an agenda 48 hours prior to the meeting.

So that's how it works? Someone drops the ball and doesn't do their job and you just postpone the meeting until they decide to do what they're supposed to do? Must be nice...

So that's how it works? Someone drops the ball and doesn't do their job and you just postpone the meeting until they decide to do what they're supposed to do? Must be nice...

Mike, the rule that the Board imposed upon itself is that the agenda has to be distributed to all board members 48 hours prior to the meeting beginning. There was an interest by some to continue and have the meeting anyway.

My contention is that we were sending a bad message to the membership if allowed our own rule for ourselves to be blown off for our own interests when teams and judges are expected to follow all of the rules at contests. It was the correct thing to do.

Mike, the rule that the Board imposed upon itself is that the agenda has to be distributed to all board members 48 hours prior to the meeting beginning. There was an interest by some to continue and have the meeting anyway.

My contention is that we were sending a bad message to the membership if allowed our own rule for ourselves to be blown off for our own interests when teams and judges are expected to follow all of the rules at contests. It was the correct thing to do.

The thing to have done was to have followed the first rule you reference and get the agenda distributed as required. You specifically stated "the rule that the Board imposed upon itself is that the agenda has to be distributed to all board members 48 hours prior to the meeting beginning." This is not the first time this has happened. How about somebody following that rule? The correct thing to do would have been to get the agenda distributed as required by the rule.

I thought I heard that one particular board member was going to be traveling on that day, asked to move it to make his life better, and the board agreed. Did I misunderstand? It's not that I think the board takes priority over personal/professional obligations, but conflicting stories make me wonder...

As an asside, is this something that could/should be automated? A board meeting gets scehduled. Board members get whatever they can on the agenda using a website, and 49 hours before it is supposed to start, the agenda is cut off and automatically eMailed out. No offense to any one out there, but I see humans as devices with a high rate of failure, and I try to eliminate them in processes that depend upon time or accuracy.

dmp

The thing to have done was to have followed the first rule you reference and get the agenda distributed as required. You specifically stated "the rule that the Board imposed upon itself is that the agenda has to be distributed to all board members 48 hours prior to the meeting beginning." This is not the first time this has happened. How about somebody following that rule? The correct thing to do would have been to get the agenda distributed as required by the rule.

As always, these opinions are my own and not those of KCBS or anyone else on the board so...

Mark, I appreciate your comment but to be honest, while I agree, I cannot speak for anyone else on the board and who does their job in what manner. I can only speak for myself and how I accomplish my tasks that I am assigned. Things do happen (health, technology glitches, other personal issues, etc.) that from time to time might prohibit someone from meeting a deadline - happens in all facets of life. And when it does happen, you have to adjust and do the right thing. In this instance, the right thing was to postpone the meeting to a time when we all were available that was at least 48 hours after the agenda was published.

I thought I heard that one particular board member was going to be traveling on that day, asked to move it to make his life better, and the board agreed. Did I misunderstand? It's not that I think the board takes priority over personal/professional obligations, but conflicting stories make me wonder...

As an asside, is this something that could/should be automated? A board meeting gets scehduled. Board members get whatever they can on the agenda using a website, and 49 hours before it is supposed to start, the agenda is cut off and automatically eMailed out. No offense to any one out there, but I see humans as devices with a high rate of failure, and I try to eliminate them in processes that depend upon time or accuracy.

dmp

dmp, yes, that is a misunderstanding. No one was unavailable the day of the scheduled meeting. In trying to arrange the soonest possible day that we all were available, the following two days were not possible due to people having made prior plans or having other responsibilities. In regards to an automated agenda, that's an interesting idea to hear more about but not sure it would be workable because there is much need for "humanity" in these agendas. And in the instance this month, I suspect there is a good probability that our issue was a technological one as much as a human one.

Either you misunderstood or somebody blatantly lied to you, and that's not my opinion that's a fact.

I thought I heard that one particular board member was going to be traveling on that day, asked to move it to make his life better, and the board agreed. Did I misunderstand?

dmp

I confirm (not on behalf of KCBS or the board as a whole), that the above two posts reflect my view of the situation as well.

Speaking solely for myself, not for KCBS or the board....

Me four. That information is not accurate.

Back