Tried new rubs.

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I am looking for something worthy enough to participate in the next rub trade since I don't make my own . I bought these:

Seasoning - Williams Rib Tickler

And

Pappys-thumb.jpg

Both different and good by my standards. Of course I haven't tased too many. Going to get Plowboys some day. Have Mistas he gave me and use it sparringly to make my supply last, good stuff.

I used Raichlen's coffee based rub (from "How to Grill") yesterday on Chicken and a week ago on ribs. Oddly, it doesn't really taste like coffee, but it adds a lot of depth to the flavors. I would recommend it if you want to try something a little different.

When is the next Rub Trade Off????? I want to trade some of mine.
Smoke On!!!!!!!

I haven't used the Williams Rib Tickler but I do use the pinto bean seasoning all the time.

I use coffee in both rubs and sauces, and you'd never know it. It just adds a deeper, kind of earthy flavor that I like a lot.

When is the next Rub Trade Off????? I want to trade some of mine.
Smoke On!!!!!!!

Send me some and I'll decide if you should trade with it. :mrgreen:

Look for the next trade in about two weeks. I'm adding a salsa component this round for those who want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

I am looking for something worthy enough to participate in the next rub trade since I don't make my own . I bought these:

Seasoning - Williams Rib Tickler

And

Pappys-thumb.jpg

Both different and good by my standards. Of course I haven't tased too many. Going to get Plowboys some day. Have Mistas he gave me and use it sparringly to make my supply last, good stuff.

Where'd you get the Rib Tickler?

French Tickler?

Oh crap. Not Woodpile!!

[Moderator's Note: SMACK!] ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back