New Zion Missionary BBQ - Huntsville, Tx

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
B

barbefunkoramaque

Well its about time. After 4 or so months my trip to New Zion is now a Video. It took me that long to find the right Gospel Song for it.
View attachment 30814
Featured many times but never quite given the proper reverence... here is probably some of the best Q in the Houston area.

I don't have much else to say... the song says it all. Otis Clay.
View attachment 30813

New Zion Missionary BBQ - Huntsville, Tx

This is my Newer Web Channel for my Minnie Howell Good Vittles and Wood Cookery Society at my Church. Please leave feedback online if you have an account.

Finally, one of the best reads on this place can be found here
www.amazingribs.com, by Craig Meathead Goldwyn. Some of his pictures are featured in the Video.

Last edited by a moderator:
attachment.php

That's not how I pictured you looking at all... :twisted:

I read about these folks a couple months ago, sounds like they have a real passion for what they are doing. The food sure looks good.

Hide me, Hide me, in your love... and when the gates swang open... I will walk in

Lived in Houston (Katy) for 15 years. If I had known you were there I would have made the trip just to eat. Sure does look good. Remind me of a place in Columbia, MS called Leatha's BAR B Q. There wasn't a table or chair that matched and her smoker was made out of a rather large old boiler and her Ribs and sides were second to none. I.R.S. got her and luckily some investors liked her food so much they helped her out and moved her here in Hattiesburg and opened a new place. If you are ever in town stop in. Won't be dissapointed.

Funk - (easily) one of the best BBQ videos i have ever seen. the music, video clips, stills and sub titles are perfect. the picture of the brisket and sausage plate with white bread, onion and dill chips was pure texas bbq style

Just went to AmazingRibs.com. Looks like another great site for BBQ and anything else for grilling and smoking. I'm at work right now so I didn't have a lot of time to really look around. Thanks for the info.

Thanks Funk, a little bit of inspiration goes a long way...

Dave

I have eaten there on my way to Ft Worth area and all i can say is it's heavenly food. If you are in the area, you owe it to yourself to stop.

I notice that all of you Texans put raw onion on you brisket plates, now, this is something that I have not seen, even back when all the BBQ places around here were good, and all run by Texans and Oklahomans, is that a sweet yellow onion? Like a vidalia?

I notice that all of you Texans put raw onion on you brisket plates, now, this is something that I have not seen, even back when all the BBQ places around here were good, and all run by Texans and Oklahomans, is that a sweet yellow onion? Like a vidalia?

any traditional place will offer raw white onion as a side. i dont think there is any hard and fast "tradition" that dictates it can not be yellow or sweet (like a 1015). try it on a sliced brisket or a chopped beef sandwhich, its good.

Funk - (easily) one of the best BBQ videos i have ever seen. the music, video clips, stills and sub titles are perfect. the picture of the brisket and sausage plate with white bread, onion and dill chips was pure texas bbq style

Yeah, I wish I had the song in my mind when I shot it, which they did not I did. Plus the picture of the firebox needed to be fixed. And I wanted a better door opening. Notice everything went color when the door swang open a la Wizard of Oz?

Whats funny here is, it is the only instance in which (other than a salad) I will pop a raw onion in my mouth.

However, I have been lately serving pickled red onions with great success with basically a vinegar marinade that came off a North Carolina bbq trailers table sauce. You know the thin stuff with no ketchup in it, just vinegar, water sugar oil and pepper flakes salt and pepper.

Thanks Donnie!

I'd just loaded "The Gospel Truth" and "Soul Man Live in Japan" on my Nano and the Otis Clay tune went through the roof! The CD was open when I watched the video and it has a quote from Otis in a Goldmine Magazine interview-

"Gospel is concerned with one's very personal relationship with a very personal Saviour; man's relationship with God, man's relationship with his love interest. That link has become clear to me. The simplicity of the truth it states never changes"......

Back