Was offered a sponsorship for a comp....

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Long story short...the manager of a large and famous restaurant in the area has offered me a sponsorship. I'm not sure what to ask for aside from meat (and I'm not comfortable asking for cash). What do you guys ask your sponsors for (aside from meat and money)? I'd appreciate whatever info you can share.....

Sponsorships differ greatly. Some just provide a free or discounted product in exchange for signage. Others pay for everything; soup to nuts.

Congratulations.

I would ask for all cost at the contest he wants to sponser to be covered by them at the very least.

Why not ask for funding? Money is one of most needed items. Sponsorship agreements are not all cast in stone. Analyze what's needed for you and how you can help them. Then work out what you both can agree on. Not that hard or complicated. Steve.

You need to ask him what his (sponsorship) budget is.

Does he have future plans of more competitions? If so, lay out a program for him, i.e.: He pays the entry fees for X amount of contests.

You need to get his idea of what the sponsorship might entail and then come back to him...negotiate or try to make his dollars stretch.

Thanks for all the replies. I just spoke with the guy. He's offering to pay for all meats (prime from Chicago) and supply us with beer. He asked what kind of beer I like. I told him Bud Light Lime in the summer and I swear I heard him choke on his own puke....:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

You might want to offer a catering gig for the store employees and see if that helps loosen the purse strings. If nothing else, it shows that you're grateful.

Back