Weber display models

expatpig

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Someone I know purchased a Weber Genesis on sale from Lowes. It was a floor display model, when he got it home he noticed that one of the burner regulators was bent and the knob rubs against the fascia when turning. He contacted Weber and was told that since it was a display model that it had no warranty, Lowes will not help either. This sounds out of character for Weber, is that actually their policy?

Contact your credit card company. I find AMEX warranty to be second to none.

I'd not waste another minute with Weber or Home Depot.

Contact your credit card company. I find AMEX warranty to be second to none.

I'd not waste another minute with Weber or Home Depot.

I don't know if he paid by credit card, and not sure what HD has to do with this.

That sounds totally out of character for weber - I bought a well used pre-1979 red kettle last year that needed new lower vents - they sent them out at no charge and even paid the freight!

+1 on the call back and "forget" to mention the floor model part...

I don't know if he paid by credit card, and not sure what HD has to do with this.

HD/Lowes/Big Box...whatever....and who wouldn't buy merchandise with a credit card these days?

I'll take the free, extended, no hassle warranty and avoid the issue here.

But I do agree, I find it odd Weber won't back this up...:confused:.....but then again everyone is cutting corners everywhere these days and the consumer is the one getting screwed.

Back