It's Almost Friday so what you smoking this weekend?

I got a spiral sliced ham that I am gonna smoke for my son and daughters birthday dinner. Did one for Christmas, they liked it so much they requested it for thier birthday.

3 butts on the UDS. Big sale at the grocery this week.

Turkey. It's a 25 pounder. Hesitant to try to smoke one that big so I'm thinkin' smoke the legs and fry the rest.

chicken wings have been calling my name for weeks. I might try a chuckie as well.

Jumpin' the gun eh? Well I understand - we've had two consecutive days of C of C weather here in KC too, so I got busy yesterday and did a practice cook. Briskie, butt, ribs & hen parts; following that up today with 2 racks of BBs, another dozen chicken thighs and pit beans for tonight's guests.

Friday Night Steak Night tonight...Rib-Eyes! That's about it for outside cookin' unless Mrs. JD comes up with something...have a great weekend folks!

Pizza, fatty, pork ribs, beef spares, pork shoulder, beef chucky. I need more pellets.....

Having a WHISKEY.MAPLE.LOCAL event at the Hut tomorrow. Doing a Jack Daniels soaked local brisket and Jack & maple syrup brined pork belly all smoked over whiskey barrel wood from a local distillery. Serving it up with a whiskey BBQ sauce & a Maple Espresso BBQ sauce.

Now I just have to keep from drinking the rest of the JD during the cook...

Hopefully we'll finish mods today on the off set so I can do comp practice Brisket,Ribs and chicken.

Pulled pork today; ribs & maybe wings tomorrow. I've never done wings Anyone have any helpful tips?

Planning on finishing my UDS build and then breaking it in/seasoning it with a couple fatties. I can't wait!

Drumsticks and MOINKS tonight. I'm thinking that steak is in the picture at some point this weekend.

CD

Friday Night Steak Night tonight...Rib-Eyes! That's about it for outside cookin' unless Mrs. JD comes up with something...have a great weekend folks!

Sounds AWESOME!

I am on the other not cooking, I am running turn in drills till i get it right. :becky:

Have to cook for wrong reasons!

Already had to plans to pull big smoker out of the woods this weekend then the phone rang. A friend of the family had a death and needed food for the funeral. Very tragic when you only get 25 years to sort things out. Sometimes lifes are short. Got 6 butts ready to go. Wish my best to Dan and his family!

Back