Competition Team Individual Sponsors

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have about 230 lbs of pork I am going to put on the pit here tonight. I got a bunch of individual sponsors for my team for the 2009 year. They each contributed $45 to be a team sponsor for the year and as a nice gesture of appreciation I am cooking each one of them 5lbs of pulled pork and 16oz of sauce for the SuperBowl tomorrow night :wink: With this sponsorship I will be able to pay my first couple entry fees!

Sounds like your sponsorship money got your sponsors ribs and sauce. :shock:

Sounds like your sponsorship money got your sponsors ribs and sauce. :shock:
:lol: I have a promise of sponsors for this year, and I promised them they would get fed after or at the comp. I did that last year for the few I had... it was a success, as others got wind of it and soon followed.

Good luck!

I field 10 up to ten sponsors a year for $100.00 each. I supply them with a small plague and deep fried turkey at seasons end which is usually around Thanksgiving. The turkey's are always cheap then and around .59 per lb. I even get a couple free birds with the bi-lo card. I keep their business cards and fliers on hand to give out at comps and provide discounted catering during the year. This allows me to maxamize my sponsor dollar.

IMHO,

Tim
JTs BBQ

Sponsors

I have for years have had sponsors. I do not get money from them BUT. What I do get is so helpfull . Like one sponsor works on our competition truck. One sponsor suplies me with all of my charcoal. I have one sponsor that does all of my welding. In return I put them on my truck and banner and a couple times a year we take them the left overs and they love that. So money is not everything but it is nice

I was throwing out the idea that where I live we can not sell bbq unless we are HD Inspected, so I am not allowed to sell meat to raise entry fee money. So while my way probably is still not ok with the HD, a $45 sponsorship will get you a 5lb taste of what you are sponsoring on Super Bowl Sunday :lol: See what I'm saying

If they bought 5 lbs of pork and a jar of sauce at a BBQ joint, it would run them about 50 bucks...

It cost you about 13 bucks per sponsor plus your time...

Net is 32 bucks per sponsor, not bad, not great...

Back