Sunday brisket and burnt ends by TQ and Tyler

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
well had a brisket in the fridge all week and before it got "Rank" decided to cook it... rubbed down with EVOO and dinks udder madness.... That is some good stuff.... ran the cooker over 300 degrees using oak, hickory, cherry... wrapped in butcher paper for the last 1.5 hrs of the cook.... took off when probe tender.... never done bunt ends but decided it could not be that hard... and I have been watching a lot of u guys that do them..... That is some good Shat!!!!!!!:heh::-D:thumb:

off the cooker

after a rest I cut the brisket... did not rest long because my nephew came by with a bunch of fillet bass that he had for me.... they caught over a hundred pounds at our family farm.... so I had to give him some brisket...

point and flat separated

I must say the brisket came out excellent... the burnt ends were very good also... being I had never done them before...

Me and Tyler have a place in the sales and venture forum now... so come by and see us!!!!!!! I will be posting pics in there this week and I will keep it updated.... help us out fellows we are your mom and pop shop!!!!!!LOL!!! just good old country boys!!!!!!:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Looks good! How many hours total did it take you?

cook about 6 hrs..... it weighed 14 pounds!!! was cooking at 350 degrees a lot of the time!!!!!! did not bother me when the temps dropped to 250.... I just added more wood!!!!!

Gorgeous hunk of beef you got there! Congrats on your vendor spot in Sales and Ventures! When I do get a backyard offset in the next year or so, I'm getting one from you guys. :thumb::thumb:

That's a good lookin' brisket Paul.........I need to hit RD and pick up a couple of packers myself. You nailed those burnt ends!

Not only can you build awesome smokers, you know how to use em!! Looks fantastic Paul! Sounds like a nice mess of fish filets too! :-D

Yessir, that's officially good eats. Gettin to be time for a whole hog in a SF RF, maybe one of those barn door wonders.

Good job on separating the point for the burnt ends. (Your pics make me wish I had thawed brisket instead of pulled pork!)

So let me get this straight...you're out cooking instead of fabricating? You're supposed to build them and let us cook on'em. Now send me some of that brisket when you send me the smoker!

Eatin Smoke u inspired me the other day when you picked up your cooker to do the burnt ends.. can see why your wife likes them!!! They r good

deguerre we will fix a former Bama boy up for sure!!!!!!

dwfisk brother your recent post on the hog you cooked (awesome by the way) has inspired me to do one too... done several wild hogs with skin off... not any domesticated ones yet....

sliding_billy me and Tyler cook on a reverse flow we built... actually it was one of the first ones we built.....

cowgirl Thx Jen coming from you the guru that means a lot... I am not even worthy of washing your pans.. :)

2001Heel brother I have to eat to keep my strength up so I can build your cooker!!!!!!!

bbqwilly Will It aint much work more like play!!!!!!!!

How do you do multiple Quotes??? I am way to goofy and simple minded I guess.... but I can weld the ends of 2 bread ties together!!!!!!!

will someone tell me how to do numerous Quotes...... it will help this simple minded individual!!!!!!

How do you do multiple Quotes??? I am way to goofy and simple minded I guess.... but I can weld the ends of 2 bread ties together!!!!!!!

will someone tell me how to do numerous Quotes...... it will help this simple minded individual!!!!!!

Paul when you want to quote more than one person, click on the " button at the bottom right of each post that you want to quote. Then they will show up when you hit the reply button.
(probably made that as clear as mud, I'm not good at explaining things)

Back