CL Score!

midwest_kc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Going to pick this up in the AM. I only got one pic and it doesn't tell me much, but I got it for free, so I wanted to commit before someone else snapped it up! Are there any details that some of the more seasoned Kettle Heads can tell from this pic?

]

18" older model. Wood handle and vent is next to the handle.

I don't know why the pic didn't work...it did when I previewed the post... Try this:

Attachments

• WP_000141 (1).jpg
    WP_000141 (1).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 226
for free that is a good deal. even at 30-40$ its a good deal. I just picked up two this past month. I also picked up 2 30gallon drums. Now I have to think of something I can build with them. got it 2 MedUDS. maybe this weekend I will build them.

Just picked it up, here are some pics...hopefully I can get started cleaning it tomorrow. Right now it's sitting in my care while I work :cry:

It's a 97 model, the handles are going to have to be replaced, as well as the ash pan. I didn't get a pic, but the 3 daisy wheels are bent pretty bad. I'm hoping I can save them. I don't have the tools to take the rivets off, but my brother in law does, and loves to be "that guy" that people call when they need something like that done, so I'll let him do that, and put them back on with some stainless bolts and wingnuts.

What is the best way to clean up the grates? I may just replace them, but if I can use some oven cleaner or something on them and get them looking nice, that would be preferred. My wife doesn't know about this yet (not on purpose, she's on some pain meds for her back and was asleep when I got home from work last night, but still), so I figure the less money I can spend on this first restore, the more I can do in the future.

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• 181.jpg
    181.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 182.jpg
    182.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 138
Back