• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Torches?

Mr Baloo

Got Wood.
Reaction score
No not an Olympic post... But in looking at a lot of ya'lls setups... I see a lot of hand held torches on the side tables... Assumed that these were for lighting the coals.... Or maybe cigars... Wasn't sure what was correct???

I'm assuming you are talking about the propane weedburners... great for lighting coals, heating light metals for bending, and cleaning grates.

They can also be used to scare the stuffing out of an unsuspecting friend..hehe.

All the above and I actually use mine to burn weeds along my fencelines.

i have a homeade torch......great for preheating the pit then lighting my coals, about 30 mins i can have a pit up to temp and coals burning reading to throw meat on

sorry no pics of it right now

If we would ever get more rain, I might do that too... last time I tried to burn weeds with it, I almost had to call the VFD since it's so dry. :twitch:

Yea, visited the Texas hill country last month and feel your pain. its been what 3-4 years of drought out there?

Yea, visited the Texas hill country last month and feel your pain. its been what 3-4 years of drought out there?

Yeah.. our 3 lakes for drinking water are combined levels of 40%... I was walking around where there should have been 6' of water above my head... scary its not even hot yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Small "plumber's helper' propane torch for my home-based smokers.
Bigger weedburner and grill-sized tank for the bigger Lang offset kept in the trailer.

^^^^ yep that's what I have but there is a sale thru 3/31 for $13.99 with a coupon. There was a post about 2-3 weeks ago with the coupon.

Back