Sauerkraut and apple fatty...

I was in the mood for sausage and sauerkraut for the last week or so and when I saw that this week’s throwdown was fattys; I thought I’d turn things inside out. I ground my own sausage, seasoned with sage, thyme and rosemary from my garden. Salt, sugar and cilantro too.
fatty01.jpg

I sautéed some onion and some julienned apples, drained some sauerkraut, and ground a bit of leftover buckboard bacon.
fatty02.jpg

I put the onions on first, then the apples.
fatty03.jpg

Then a layer of sauerkraut followed by the ground bacon and some more apples.
fatty04.jpg

Here it is on the smoker with some country style ribs.
fatty05.jpg

And here it is off the smoker after a short rest.
fatty06.jpg

And here’s my entry photo:
fatty07.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I can't stand sauerkraut, yet still - wow!! You may have changed my mind...

attachment.php

That's quite an impressive entry there.:cool:

I presume we are awaiting word from the IMBAS as to whether it is MignOINK?

I think Fatet Mignon has a good ring to it. Kind of brings this cut down to a certain level of redneckery. Perhaps served with some Cheez Whiz on the side to really put the tramp stamp on it?:heh:

It looks delicious!:hungry: I will definitely be making one of those once I know what to call it, and what to serve it with.

My very first entry.

Spaghetti Fatty with MOINK Balls

I am just so glad that I got this done in time. Now I am not one to be intimidated, especially by another girl. But, Miss ecode after looking at your entry I had to think this over just a little bit.

So here goes.

My guy has this really good friend, and Saturday night is Spaghetti Night. Now how on earth am I going to turn a Fatty into Spaghetti?

So I roasted a red pepper!

Pepper.jpg

Then I got most of the things I would use for Spaghetti. Mushrooms, Onion, Italian seasoning, Mozzarella, Sauce. But pasta? Why not some of those big wide thingys they use for Lasagna? Yes! Sausage, and meatballs? No MOINK balls

So I sliced and chopped and laid out the Sausage in a square. Then I put on the noodles, boiled them first, and added all the rest.

First-Prep.jpg

Put the fatty on my BIG Smokey thingy and waited for the magic to happen.

On-Smoker.jpg

Three hours later at a firm 225 it was ready. Oh yeah I put the balls on for just the last hour, have to be careful with them.

Here is how it looked.

Finished.jpg

And then sliced open. What a thing of beauty!

Cut.jpg

Served slices with the MOINK balls, some ziti and a Caesar salad.

I just have to say that our friend could not believe his eyes when I served this up.

Spaghetti?? This? But then it was time for seconds, and even thirds! Ahh, Spaghetti & MOINK balls, what a feast we all had.

I'm not sure which picture is the best so I'll just let y'all decide.

And thank y'all soooo much for letting me join in the fun!

Dang Campfire Girl, that looks tasty!:hungry: I love the lasagna noodle idea, perfect for a fatty. And the MOINK just tops it off!:cool: It's so hard to say anything about the handling of this entry, the noodle, fatty, or the balls without it perhaps sounding a bit too off-color for perhaps myself and others I know that frequent here, so I'll just leave simply saying that this entry looks delicious!

Some really nice looking work. This is going to be a battle:boxing:...

Sounds like Chris will be opening up his own Thread of Food Descriptions in Wood Pile later today.

The problem with fatties is that you can't have just one. It sounds like you should've made a couple extra (and mailed me one :becky: ).

Mr. Gore, yes there was spaghetti in the Fatty, But we thought we should have just a little more.

And hello Mr. bigabyte. I heard you were away. don't worry about being too off color, Southern girls can handle it. :icon_blush:

Thanks Gentlemen for the nice comments.

This is only a regular fatty. Just the way god intended fatties to be when they were created on the 8th day. Nothing less nothing more.

There is no such thing as "only a regular fatty"!

Excellent job representing the true fatty goodness, Smokey Al! From the Society we give you our highest honor...

A nice, big, fatty...

ATTABOY!

:-D

This is what I love about these throwdowns! Just look at some of the ideas you folks have come up with! MigNOINKS, sour kraut, apple, bacon and onions, spaghetti... Great job, folks!

We did a backyard charity event Saturday and decided to do a fatty for the pork category. Just a few teams at a local bar that does several charity events for kids and one special chili event in November for the humane society. We will participate in it next month to try to help raise a little money. Very nice people and great causes they sponsor. Here was our entry. There were made from brats and stuffed with cheese, asparagus, peppers and mushrooms. Just a typical throwdown entry and was a winner with the judges.

Attachments

• IMG_3821.jpg
    IMG_3821.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 239
Guerry, Al, I'm a bit concerned about our future prospects with CG entering. If her "guy" starts entering, we could be further in the hole than we already are. Is it possible that we can pick her up for Team Husbands through free agency? If he happens to post in a future Throwdown, we'd probably have to send her back to Team Wives, but maybe we could force them to give us a draft pick in trade. Does anyone have the rulebook?

Chili Fatty With A top Round Weave

Since the weather is changing, and it seems to be getting into chili season, I made a chili fatty. I started with some ground pork, seasoned it into chorizo, sans vinegar. I added a bit more chili powder and cayenne, along with chopped onions, beans, and tomatoes. For the weave, I sliced a top round into strips and marinated them in fresh lime juice. Smoked it off on the UDS, basting with Carolina Gold hot pepper sauce. Thanks for looking.
fattygoods.jpg

fattystrips.jpg

fattyweave.jpg

fattyweaved.jpg

fattysmoked.jpg

fattydone.jpg

fattyplate.jpg
My entry. Thanks for looking

Gore I don't think we have a snowballs chance in hades even with a draft pick but it's worth a shot....

Back