Store bought vinegar sauce?

I can't believe I almost forgot one of my favorite sauces. Woody's BBQ Sauce has for its first ingredient his BBQ Marinade which only lists three ingredients. Vinegar, salt, and spices.

The mild version very thin and so well balanced I can drink it. I think with your favorite alcohol it might make a good cocktail in addition to being a good sauce.

https://www.buywoodyssauce.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12

I like Lillie's ENC sauce.

iu

I have never had this. If it's Eastern Carolina Sauce what gives it the yellow color? Is it just the bottle or something else?

I have never had this. If it's Eastern Carolina Sauce what gives it the yellow color? Is it just the bottle or something else?
It might be the lighting in the picture. I've bought this several times and I like it. It's not mustard based, but vinegar. I mopped my ribs with this last weekend and they were some of the best ribs I've made.

It might be the lighting in the picture. I've bought this several times and I like it. It's not mustard based, but vinegar. I mopped my ribs with this last weekend and they were some of the best ribs I've made.

I typically eat sweeter ribs, but you are definitely right a good vinegar sauce will make some lip smacking ribs.

Not ENC style, but I used to use Stubb's Moppin' Sauce quite a bit, not once as a mop though ;-)

Got my Charlie Mills seasoning pack ordered. Can't wait to try it. Some super nice people to deal with.

Nope Maull's has always been around it's home area, at least.

I do like it pretty much straight when chargrilling, but use it to make sweets and spicy's wat have u. hence the big bottle

All of the above are great sauces. I suggest Heinz Carolina Vinegar Style. If you don’t like it you’ve only wasted about $1.50 but it is rather tasty.

That isn't a vinegar sauce. I like it & have a bottle in the fridge as we speak...but it's not a vinegar sauce.

The 2nd ingredient on the label is mustard. Good? Probably, but it isn't an ENC sauce no matter what the label says.

Scott's if you want an Eastern NC sauce...which is more of a seasoning than a sauce. I make my own, but Scott's is always around in the house.

81VXL6whsjL._SX425_.jpg

this stuff is real real good. habanero applesauce vinegar honey mustard kinda deal

Scott's if you want an Eastern NC sauce...which is more of a seasoning than a sauce. I make my own, but Scott's is always around in the house.
Scott's is great and it's barely more than vinegar. $2 a bottle.

Back