Italian Beef - Chicago Style! (Pron)

Eatin Smoke

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Started w/ a 4lb. Bottom Round and rubbed w/ salt-pepper-garlic powder-oregano. Into a pan on a rack and out to the BSK @ 350.

a5c55e57.jpg

After 30 minutes added some au jus to the pan. Water - EVOO - red pepper flakes - garlic - giardinara - pepperoncinis - dried basil - dried oregano - beef broth - sliced onions

Pulled @ 138

66730115.jpg

Rested and wrapped tightly in foil for a cool down over night in the fridge
Sliced as thinly as possible by hand (meat slicer would have been real handy here)

7a926e25.jpg

d5d50fc6.jpg

Added Au Jus back to the pan for another 4 hour rest

3999c515.jpg

51ece528.jpg

Back on the BSK @ 350 for 1 hour or so

1ec7a0e0.jpg

66629646.jpg

Toasted some fresh rolls on the BSK and piled high w/ mozzerella and more giardinara

0dc72ec9.jpg

Definitely one of the BEST Italian Beef Sandwiches I've ever had!

Looks delicious. I did Dr. BBQ's Italian Beef not too long ago and need to post up a thread on it. That cook came out great but yours fantastic. I will definitely have to try your method and compare.

Looks good! But what's the little red thingy in the roast?

It looks like those pop up thermometers that are put in turkeys that pop when it's supposedly "done."

Thanks for the idea. I am definitely going to try this!

Agreed with the others, Something original that I have never tried.
I need to give this a try.
Thanks for the great post!

That's looks amazing, so amazing I might add that to one of my future cooks, thanks for the pron.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Nicely done, I like those kinds of sandwiches.

OH MY... That's a sandwich I can see myself getting messy over!!! :clap: I'll be doing this for sure!!! Thank you Brother!

Cheers

Man......italian beef pron ALWAYS gets me drooling! That looks SOOOO good!:clap2:

It looks like those pop up thermometers that are put in turkeys that pop when it's supposedly "done."

That's what it looked like to me, too, but I have never seen one in a piece of beef before :confused:

That's what it looked like to me, too, but I have never seen one in a piece of beef before :confused:

I haven't either but I have seen where you can buy them in a package of 3 and insert them yourself. Maybe that was the plan. ???

Back