Smoked Bologna

anyone have a good cajun rub they might suggest for the bologna?

Slap Ya Mamma or Tony C's. Slap Ya Mamma, is my favorite. Tony C's is a little on the salty side for me, but both are good, and they are both cheaper than you can make your own.

Slap Ya Mamma or Tony C's. Slap Ya Mamma, is my favorite. Tony C's is a little on the salty side for me, but both are good, and they are both cheaper than you can make your own.

Got them both at the house - thank you

Ted

Bar S is the bottom of the barrel, I know, I’ve smoked a ton of it for my old man, but if you have access buy Wunderbar.... It’s literally the the prime rib of bologna...

Do you suggest the regular or the beef?

H1FKJCp.jpg

The best thing about bologna (aka Oklahoma prime rib) is that it's already cooked and ready to eat, you are just adding some smoky goodness to make it better.

Start off with scoring, rubbing and a slather with a thinned mustard and wooster mix to anchor the rub.

JFsJHNd.jpg

YaRcZP8.jpg

Smoke it for a couple of hours until you get a nice color, the internal might be 140° or so.

t5Nrhfa.jpg

You can quit now if you will be saving the chub for sandwiches,.... or you can treat it like burnt ends. Cube it, add more rub to all sides of the cubes, add your favorite sauce and return to the pit for maybe 8 or 10 minutes.

dD3Gp1o.jpg

Back